We are preparing the requested document. Please wait, this may take a while...!
|Application / Reactivity||Rat (Rattus)||Mouse (Murine)|
|BioImaging (BI)||2 Antibodies||2 Antibodies|
|Electron Microscopy (EM)||3 Antibodies||3 Antibodies|
|ELISA||23 Antibodies||34 Antibodies|
|Enzyme Immunoassay (EIA)||2 Antibodies||3 Antibodies|
|Flow Cytometry (FACS)||54 Antibodies|
|Fluorescence Microscopy (FM)||1 Antibodies|
|Immunochromatography (IC)||2 Antibodies|
|Immunocytochemistry (ICC)||126 Antibodies|
|Immunofluorescence (IF)||141 Antibodies|
|Immunofluorescence (fixed cells) (IF/ICC)||3 Antibodies|
|Immunofluorescence (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IF (p))||13 Antibodies|
|Immunohistochemistry (IHC)||152 Antibodies|
|Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p))||76 Antibodies|
|Immunoprecipitation (IP)||79 Antibodies|
|Simple Western (SimWes)||4 Antibodies|
|Western Blotting (WB)||200 Antibodies|
|Antigen||Calnexin (CANX) Antibodies|
|Epitope||AA 116-301 Alternatives|
|Reactivity||Dog (Canine), Human, Mouse (Murine), Rat (Rattus) Alternatives|
|Conjugate||This Calnexin antibody is un-conjugated Alternatives|
BioImaging (BI), Immunoprecipitation (IP), Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Western Blotting (WB)
|4 references available|
|Supplier||Log in to see|
Product Details anti-Calnexin AntibodyTarget Details Calnexin Application Details Handling ProductDetails: References for anti-Calnexin antibody (ABIN968018) Images
|Cross-Reactivity||Mouse (Murine), Rat (Rattus), Dog (Canine)|
1. Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
2. This antibody has been developed and certified for the bioimaging application. However, a routine bioimaging test is not performed on every lot. Researchers are encouraged to titrate the reagent for optimal performance.
3. Triton is a trademark of the Dow Chemical Company.
4. Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
5. Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
6. Please refer to us for technical protocols.
|Purification||The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.|
|Immunogen||Human Calnexin aa. 116-301|
Target Details CalnexinProduct Details anti-Calnexin Antibody Application Details Handling ProductDetails: References for anti-Calnexin antibody (ABIN968018) Images back to top
|Alternative Name||Calnexin (CANX Antibody Abstract)|
|Background||Calnexin is a 90 kDa integral membrane protein located primarily in the ER. It contains a long N-terminal calcium-binding domain that extends into the lumen of the ER and a short, acidic cytosolic domain. Calnexin associates with several cell surface proteins as they pass through the ER. Since it also forms complexes with other resident ER proteins involved in the Ca2+-dependent retention of proteins, calnexin may act as a chaperone. The amino acid sequence of calnexin is highly conserved among species and is similar in sequence to calreticulin, another Ca2+-binding protein found in the ER. Neither calnexin nor calreticulin contain the calcium-binding motif, known as the E-F hand, found in the calmodulin family of proteins.|
|Molecular Weight||90 kDa|
|Pathways||MAPK Signaling, Thyroid Hormone Synthesis|
Application DetailsProduct Details anti-Calnexin Antibody Target Details Calnexin Handling ProductDetails: References for anti-Calnexin antibody (ABIN968018) Images back to top
1. Seed the cells in appropriate culture medium at ~10,000 cells per well in an 96-well Imaging Plate and culture overnight.
2. Remove the culture medium from the wells, and fix the cells by adding 100 myl of Fixation Buffer to each well. Incubate for 10 minutes at room temperature (RT).
3. Remove the fixative from the wells, and permeabilize the cells using either 90% methanol, or Triton™ X-100: a. Add 100 myl of -20°C 90% methanol to each well and incubate for 5 minutes at RT. OR b. Add 100 myl of 0.1% Triton™ X-100 to each well and incubate for 5 minutes at RT.
4. Remove the permeabilization buffer, and wash the wells twice with 100 myl of 1× PBS.
5. Remove the PBS, and block the cells by adding 100 myl of to each well. Incubate for 30 minutes at RT.
6. Remove the blocking buffer and add 50 myl of the optimally titrated primary antibody (diluted in Stain Buffer) to each well, and incubate for 1 hour at RT.
7. Remove the primary antibody, and wash the wells three times with 100 myl of 1× PBS.
8. Remove the PBS, and add the second step reagent at its optimally titrated concentration in 50 myl to each well, and incubate in the dark for 1 hour at RT.
9. Remove the second step reagent, and wash the wells three times with 100 myl of 1× PBS.
10. Remove the PBS, and counter-stain the nuclei by adding 200 myl per well of 2 myg/ml Hoechst 33342 in 1× PBS to each well at least 15 minutes before imaging.
11. View and analyze the cells on an appropriate imaging instrument.
Related Products: ABIN967389, ABIN968535
|Restrictions||For Research Use only|
HandlingProduct Details anti-Calnexin Antibody Target Details Calnexin Application Details ProductDetails: References for anti-Calnexin antibody (ABIN968018) Images back to top
|Buffer||Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, glycerol, and ≤0.09 % sodium azide.|
|Precaution of Use||This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.|
|Storage Comment||Store undiluted at -20°C.|
ProductDetails: References for anti-Calnexin antibody (ABIN968018)Product Details anti-Calnexin Antibody Target Details Calnexin Application Details Handling Images back to top
|Product cited in:||
Nagahama, Suzuki, Hamada, Hatsuzawa, Tani, Yamamoto, Tagaya: "SVIP is a novel VCP/p97-interacting protein whose expression causes cell vacuolation." in: Molecular biology of the cell, Vol. 14, Issue 1, pp. 262-73, 2003
Gkantiragas, Brügger, Stüven, Kaloyanova, Li, Löhr, Lottspeich, Wieland, Helms: "Sphingomyelin-enriched microdomains at the Golgi complex." in: Molecular biology of the cell, Vol. 12, Issue 6, pp. 1819-33, 2001
Lee, Kim, Choi, Mehl, Jung, Gil, Rowe, Park: "CD99 expression is positively regulated by Sp1 and is negatively regulated by Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 through nuclear factor-kappaB." in: Blood, Vol. 97, Issue 11, pp. 3596-604, 2001
Tjoelker, Seyfried, Eddy, Byers, Shows, Calderon, Schreiber, Gray: "Human, mouse, and rat calnexin cDNA cloning: identification of potential calcium binding motifs and gene localization to human chromosome 5." in: Biochemistry, Vol. 33, Issue 11, pp. 3229-36, 1994
ImagesProduct Details anti-Calnexin Antibody Target Details Calnexin Application Details Handling ProductDetails: References for anti-Calnexin antibody (ABIN968018) back to top