The antibody for the detection of Cadherin 5 (CDH5) has now been successfully validated for immunofluorescence. A clear signal of the calcium-depending adhesion molecule was achieved in murine liver tissue while murine brain tissue (known to be negative for cadherin 5) remained unstained.Cadherin 5 (also called CD144) is a vascular endothelial cadherin. This type of cadherins appears at the contact site of endothelial cells. They are functioning as a classic cadherin by imparting to cells the ability to adhere in a homophilic manner, and additional they fundction also as a desmosome. » Read more
- Their purpose is to function as a barrier, protecting the body from mechanical damage, invading micro organisms and the loss of body fluids.
- Detection of epithelial cells has a central role in research on cancer diseases.
- A range of antibodies has been established for detection of individual epithelial cells.
- Some standard markers are: anti-epithelial membrane antigen (EMA) antibody and pan-cytokeratin antibody
antibodies-online.com offers a wide range of immunology products covering research areas such as apoptosis, cytokines, cytokine receptors, chemokines, CD Markers and adhesion molecules.
Some example products are the following:
- Interleukin 4 Receptor (IL4R) ELISA Kit
- Interleukin 13 Receptor, alpha 2 (IL13RA2) ELISA Kit
- Intercellular Adhesion Molecule 3 (ICAM3) ELISA Kit
- Tumor Necrosis Factor (Ligand) Superfamily, Member 10 (TNFSF10) ELISA Kit
- Fas Ligand (TNF Superfamily, Member 6) (FASL) ELISA Kit
The above-mentioned ELISA kits are known for their batch-to-batch consistency as well as efficient delivery time.
Some ELISA kits from CUSABIO are now offered at a discounted price (until December 31st, 2013) on the antibodies-online.com platform.» Read more
There was much interest in the booth of antibodies-online GmbH at the “3rd Heidelberg Forum for Young Life Scientists 2013”. This forum, sponsored by antibodies-online, took place in Heidelberg on June 6th to 7th 2013. Numerous PhD candidates from the life science sector as well as scientists from Germany and abroad took advantage of the forum that focused on Biotechnology, OMICS, Infection and Immunity as well as Stem Cell Research to present and discuss their research. » Read more
Protein A, protein G and protein L are native and recombinant proteins of microbial origin that bind to mammalian immunoglobulins (Ig). Protein A and protein G bind with high affinity and specificity to the Fc region of immunoglobulins from various mammalian species, most notably the IgGs. Protein L binds immunoglobulins via the kappa light chain. These antibody-binding proteins can be used to purify, immobilize or detect immunoglobulins. These proteins (i.e. protein A, protein G, protein L) are typically attached onto a solid support such as sepharose or magnetic beads.Read more about protein A / G / L beads for antibody purification
The researchers received the award for their article "A novel virus genome discovered in an extreme environment suggests recombination between unrelated groups of RNA and DNA viruses", published in Biology Direct. The award was presented by the co-founder of the Aachen online platform, Dr. Andreas Kessell. » Read more