Tumor Necrosis Factor antibody (Tumor Necrosis Factor alpha) Primary Antibody
- Human, Mouse, Primate, Rat
- This Tumor Necrosis Factor antibody is un-conjugated
- Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p)), Immunohistochemistry (IHC), ELISA, Western Blotting (WB)
- The antiserum is directed against mature 17,000 MW human TNFa and is useful in determining its presence in various assays. In general, this antibody also detects primate TNFa in the same formats using similar dilutions. The antibody does not recognize human TNG beta (lymphotoxin). This antiserum will recognize the cell-bound precursor of TNFa as a 26,000 protein in immunoblots, particularly in denatured samples. This antibody is also useful for neutralization of human and primate TNFa activity in bioassays. It does not neutralize the biological activity of lymphotoxin. For neutralization, it is recommended to incubate the sample with a 1:200 dilution of the antibody for at least 4 hours before being tested. A control of similarly diluted normal rabbit IgG is recommended.
- Delipidation and Defibrination
- Recombinant full length protein produced in E. coli (Human).
- Alternative Name
- TNF-alpha (TNF Antibody Abstract)
- Gene Symbol: TNF
- Gene ID
- NF-kappaB Signaling, Apoptosis, Caspase Cascade in Apoptosis, Cellular Response to Molecule of Bacterial Origin, Regulation of Leukocyte Mediated Immunity, Positive Regulation of Immune Effector Process, Production of Molecular Mediator of Immune Response, Positive Regulation of Endopeptidase Activity, Hepatitis C, Protein targeting to Nucleus, Inflammasome
- Application Notes
- Western Blot 1:500 - 1:2000, ELISA 1:1000 - 1:5000, Immunohistochemistry 1:100 - 1:500, Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin 1:100 - 1:500
The antibodies are intended for use in vitro experiments only. Our antibodies have not been tested nor are recommended for use in vivo.
- For Research Use only
- 75 mg/mL
Buffer contains: No Preservative
- Without preservative
- Handling Advice
- Avoid freeze-thaw cycles
- 4 °C,-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at 4°C short term. Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
Song, Wu, Yang, Kalueff, Tsao, Dong, Su: "Astrocyte-Conditioned Medium Protects Prefrontal Cortical Neurons from Glutamate-Induced Cell Death by Inhibiting TNF-α Expression." in: Neuroimmunomodulation, Vol. 26, Issue 1, pp. 33-42, 2019 (PubMed).
Method employed by authors: Western Blotting (WB) (Sample species: Rat (Rattus)).
Singh, Devi, Kumawat, Sadam, Appukuttan, Patel, Lingaraju, Singh, Kumar: "Angiogenic and MMPs modulatory effects of icariin improved cutaneous wound healing in rats." in: European journal of pharmacology, Vol. 858, pp. 172466, 2019 (PubMed). Method employed by authors: Western Blotting (WB) (Sample species: Rat (Rattus)).
Lai, Ho, Evashwick-Rogler, Watanabe, Salandra, Winkelstein, Laudier, Hecht, Pasinetti, Iatridis: "Dietary polyphenols as a safe and novel intervention for modulating pain associated with intervertebral disc degeneration in an in-vivo rat model." in: PLoS ONE, Vol. 14, Issue 10, pp. e0223435, 2019 (PubMed). Method employed by authors: Western Blotting (WB) (Sample species: Mouse (Murine)).
Bhowmick, DMello, Caruso, Abdul-Muneer: "Traumatic brain injury-induced downregulation of Nrf2 activates inflammatory response and apoptotic cell death." in: Journal of molecular medicine (Berlin, Germany), Vol. 97, Issue 12, pp. 1627-1641, 2019 (PubMed).
Abdel-Zaher, Farghaly, El-Refaiy, Abd-Eldayem: "Protective effect of the standardized leaf extract of Ginkgo biloba (EGb761) against hypertension-induced renal injury in rats." in: Clinical and experimental hypertension (New York, N.Y. : 1993), Vol. 40, Issue 8, pp. 703-714, 2018 (PubMed).
Cesur, Gülle, Şirin, Akpolat, Öğrenim, Alkan, Cesur: "Effects of curcumin and melatonin on bone formation in orthopedically expanded suture in rats: A biochemical, histological and immunohistochemical study." in: Orthodontics & craniofacial research, 2018 (PubMed).
Evashwick-Rogler, Lai, Watanabe, Salandra, Winkelstein, Cho, Hecht, Iatridis: "Inhibiting tumor necrosis factor-alpha at time of induced intervertebral disc injury limits long-term pain and degeneration in a rat model." in: JOR spine, Vol. 1, Issue 2, 2018 (PubMed). (Sample species: Rat (Rattus)).
Fauzia, Barbhuyan, Shrivastava, Kumar, Garg, Khan, Robertson, Raza: "Chick Embryo: A Preclinical Model for Understanding Ischemia-Reperfusion Mechanism." in: Frontiers in pharmacology, Vol. 9, pp. 1034, 2018 (PubMed). (Sample species: Chicken).
Al-Khalaf, Amir, Al-Mohanna, Tulbah, Al-Sayed, Aboussekhra: "Obesity and p16(INK4A) Downregulation Activate Breast Adipocytes and Promote Their Protumorigenicity." in: Molecular and cellular biology, Vol. 37, Issue 17, 2017 (PubMed). (Sample species: Human).
Rossi, Cadamuro, Biselli-Périco, Leite, Severino, Reis, Cordeiro, Silva: "Interaction between inflammatory mediators and miRNAs in Helicobacter pylori infection." in: Cellular microbiology, Vol. 18, Issue 10, pp. 1444-58, 2016 (PubMed). (Sample species: Human). Further details: Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections)
Chen, Jian, Lien, Lin, Ting, Chen, Hsu, Huang, Wu, Kuan, Chao, Wu, Huang, Juan: "Adipocytes play an etiological role in the podocytopathy of high-fat diet-fed rats." in: The Journal of endocrinology, 2016 (PubMed). (Sample species: Rat (Rattus)). Further details: Western Blotting
Günel, Demirci, Eryılmaz, Yılmaz, Meteoğlu, Ömürlü, Başal: "Inhibitory Effect of Pycnogenol(®) on Airway Inflammation in Ovalbumin-Induced Allergic Rhinitis." in: Balkan medical journal, Vol. 33, Issue 6, pp. 620-626, 2016 (PubMed). Method employed by authors: Immunohistochemistry (IHC) (Sample species: Rat (Rattus)).
Chen, Zhang, Wang, Lei, Su, Zeng, Pei, Huang: "Inhibition of immunoproteasome reduces infarction volume and attenuates inflammatory reaction in a rat model of ischemic stroke." in: Cell death & disease, Vol. 6, pp. e1626, 2015 (PubMed). (Sample species: Rat (Rattus)). Further details: Western Blotting
Tessier, Raha, Holloway, Yockell-Lelièvre, Tayade, Gruslin: "Characterization of immune cells and cytokine localization in the rat utero-placental unit mid- to late gestation." in: Journal of reproductive immunology, Vol. 110, pp. 89-101, 2015 (PubMed). (Sample species: Rat (Rattus)). Further details: Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections)
Wang, Parrish: "Loss of α(E)-catenin promotes Fas mediated apoptosis in tubular epithelial cells." in: Apoptosis : an international journal on programmed cell death, Vol. 20, Issue 7, pp. 921-9, 2015 (PubMed). (Sample species: Rat (Rattus)). Further details: Western Blotting
Rodriguez, Edrey, Osmulski, Gaczynska, Buffenstein: "Altered composition of liver proteasome assemblies contributes to enhanced proteasome activity in the exceptionally long-lived naked mole-rat." in: PLoS ONE, Vol. 7, Issue 5, pp. e35890, 2012 (PubMed). Further details: Western Blotting
Roth, Städler, Lemann, Hösli, Simon, Simon: "Distinct eosinophil cytokine expression patterns in skin diseases - the possible existence of functionally different eosinophil subpopulations." in: Allergy, Vol. 66, Issue 11, pp. 1477-86, 2011 (PubMed). (Sample species: Human). Further details: Immunohistochemistry
- Song, Wu, Yang, Kalueff, Tsao, Dong, Su: "Astrocyte-Conditioned Medium Protects Prefrontal Cortical Neurons from Glutamate-Induced Cell Death by Inhibiting TNF-α Expression." in: Neuroimmunomodulation, Vol. 26, Issue 1, pp. 33-42, 2019 (PubMed). Method employed by authors: Western Blotting (WB) (Sample species: Rat (Rattus)).