ABCA4 antibody (ATP-Binding Cassette, Sub-Family A (ABC1), Member 4) (AA 2230-2273) Primary Antibody
ABCA4 Reactivity: Human IHC, WB Host: Rabbit Polyclonal unconjugated
Catalog No. ABIN1841984
Plus shipping costs $45.00
local_shipping Shipping to: United States
Delivery in 7 to 8 Business Days
- Binding Specificity
- AA 2230-2273
- This ABCA4 antibody is un-conjugated
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Western Blotting (WB)
- Specific for ABCA4.
- Whole serum
- A synthetic peptide from aa region 2230-2273 of human ABCA4 conjugated to an immunogenic carrier protein was used as the antigen.
- Application Notes
- A dilution of 1 : 300 to 1 : 2000 is recommended.
The optimal dilution should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
- For Research Use only
- Reconstitute in 100 µL of sterile water. Centrifuge to remove any insoluble material.
- Handling Advice
- Avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
- 4 °C/-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Maintain the lyophilised/reconstituted antibodies frozen at -20°C for long term storage and refrigerated at 2-8°C for a shorter term. When reconstituting, glycerol (1:1) may be added for an additional stability. Avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
- Expiry Date
- 12 months
- Alternative Name
- ABCA4 (ABCA4 Antibody Abstract)
- ABC10, ABCR, ARMD2, CORD3, FFM, RMP, RP19, STGD, STGD1, AW050280, Abc10, Abcr, D430003I15Rik, RmP, abcr, ffm, rmp, rp19, stgd, abc10, armd2, cord3, stgd1, zgc:91823, ATP binding cassette subfamily A member 4, ATP-binding cassette, sub-family A (ABC1), member 4, ATP binding cassette subfamily A member 4 L homeolog, ATP-binding cassette, sub-family A (ABC1), member 4a, ABCA4, Abca4, abca4, abca4.L, abca4a
- FUNCTION: In the visual cycle, acts as an inward-directed retinoid flipase, retinoid substrates imported by ABCA4 from the extracellular or intradiscal (rod) membrane surfaces to the cytoplasmic membrane surface are all-trans-retinaldehyde (ATR) and N-retinyl-phosphatidyl-ethanolamine (NR-PE). Once transported to the cytoplasmic surface, ATR is reduced to vitamin A by trans-retinol dehydrogenase (tRDH) and then transferred to the retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) where it is converted to 11-cis-retinal. May play a role in photoresponse, removing ATR/NR-PE from the extracellular photoreceptor surfaces during bleach recovery. Subcellular location: Membrane, Multi-pass membrane protein. Note: Localized to outer segment disk edges of rods and cones, with around one million copies/photoreceptor. Tissue specificity: Retinal-specific. Seems to be exclusively found in the rims of rod photoreceptor cells.
Synonyms: Retinal-specific ATP-binding cassette transporter, ATP-binding cassette sub-family A member 4, RIM ABC transporter, RIM protein, RmP, Stargardt disease protein, ABCR
You are here: