TRPV4 antibody (Transient Receptor Potential Cation Channel, Subfamily V, Member 4) (1st Cytoplasmic Loop) Primary Antibody
- Binding Specificity
- 1st Cytoplasmic Loop
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- This TRPV4 antibody is un-conjugated
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Western Blotting (WB)
- Specific for TRPV4.
- Whole serum
- A synthetic peptide from the 1t cytoplasmic loop of human TRPV4 conjugated to blue carrier protein was used as the antigen.
- Alternative Name
- TRPV4 (TRPV4 Antibody Abstract)
- TRPV4 is a cation-selective channel, activated in response to systemic osmotic pressure.
Function: Non-selective calcium permeant cation channel probably involved in osmotic sensitivity and mechanosensitivity. Activation by exposure to hypotonicity within the physiological range exhibits an outward rectification. Also activated by low pH, citrate and phorbol esters. Increase of intracellular Ca(2+) potentiates currents. Channel activity seems to be regulated by a calmodulin-dependent mechanism with a negative feedback mechanism.
Subunit: Interacts with calmodulin. Interacts with Map7 and Src family Tyr protein kinases LYN, SRC, FYN, HCK, LCK and YES.
Subcellular location: Membrane, Multi-pass membrane protein.
Tissue specificity: Expressed lung, spleen, kidney, testis, fat, and at very low levels in trigeminal ganglia. SIMILARITY: Belongs to the transient receptor family, TrpV subfamily. SIMILARITY: Contains 3 ANK repeats. Also known as: Transient receptor potential cation channel subfamily V member 4, TrpV4, osm-9-like TRP channel 4, OTRPC4, Vanilloid receptor-like channel 2, Vanilloid receptor-like protein 2, Vanilloid receptor-related osmotically-activated channel, VR-OAC, Transient receptor potential protein 12, TRP12, Trp12, VRL-2, VROAC, OTRPC4, VR-OAC, MGC150050, 0610033B08Rik, Trp12, Vrl2, Vroac.
- Hormone Transport, Cell-Cell Junction Organization
- Application Notes
- A dilution of 1 : 300 to 1 : 2000 is recommended.
The optimal dilution should be determined by the end user.
- For Research Use only
- Reconstitute in 100 µL of sterile water. Centrifuge to remove any insoluble material.
- Handling Advice
- Avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
- 4 °C/-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Maintain the lyophilised/reconstituted antibodies frozen at -20°C for long term storage and refrigerated at 2-8°C for a shorter term. When reconstituting, glycerol (1:1) may be added for an additional stability. Avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
- Expiry Date
- 12 months