Solute Carrier Family 18 (Vesicular Acetylcholine), Member 3 (SLC18A3) antibody Primary Antibody
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Western Blotting (WB)
- Specific for VACHT.
- Whole serum
- A synthetic peptide from human VACHT conjugated to an immunogenic carrier protein was used as the antigen. The antigen is homologous in rat and mouse.
- Alternative Name
- VACHT (SLC18A3 Antibody Abstract)
- Function: Involved in acetylcholine transport into synaptic vesicles.
Subcellular location: Membrane, Multi-pass membrane protein.
Tissue specificity: High expression in all major cholinergic cell groups, including peripheral postganglionic parasympathetic cells, preganglionic sympathetic and parasympathetic cells, ventral spinal cord and brainstem motoneurons, cell groups in the basal forebrain, the habenula and the corpus striatum. Weakly expressed in the cortex and hippocampus. VACHT is also present in theolfactory bulb, nucleus of the lateralolfactory tract,olfactory tubercle. SIMILARITY: Belongs to the major facilitator superfamily. Vesicular transporter family. Also known as: Vesicular acetylcholine transporter, solute carrier family 18 member 3, SLC18A3, MGC12716.
- Application Notes
- A dilution of 1: 300 to 1: 2000 is recommended.
The optimal dilution should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
- For Research Use only
- Reconstitute in 500 µL of sterile water. Centrifuge to remove any insoluble material.
- Handling Advice
- Avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
- 4 °C/-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Maintain the lyophilised/reconstituted antibodies frozen at -20°C for long term storage and refrigerated at 2-8°C for a shorter term. When reconstituting, glycerol (1:1) may be added for an additional stability. Avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
- Expiry Date
- 12 months