Geminin Coiled-Coil Domain Containing (GMNC) (Internal Region) antibody Primary Antibody
- Binding Specificity
- Internal Region
- ELISA, Western Blotting (WB)
- Human, Mouse (Murine)
- Cross-Reactivity (Details)
- Cross reactivity with GEMC1 from other sources has not been determined.
- Anti-GEMC1 Antibody was affinity purified from monospecific antiserum by immunoaffinity chromatography.
Immunogen: Anti-GEMC1 antibody was prepared from whole rabbit serum produced by repeated immunizations with a 19 amino acid synthetic peptide near the internal region of human GEMC1.
Immunogen Type: Peptide
- Application Notes
Application Note: Anti-GEMC1 Antibody has been tested for use in ELISA and Western Blotting. Specific conditions for reactivity should be optimized by the end user. Expect a band at approximately 38 kDa in Western Blots of specific cell lysates and tissues.
ELISA Dilution: 1:10,000
Western Blot Dilution: 1 μg/mL
- For Research Use only
Buffer: 0.01 M Sodium Phosphate, 0.25 M Sodium Chloride, pH 7.2
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- RT,4 °C,-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store vial at -20° C prior to opening. Aliquot contents and freeze at -20° C or below for extended storage. Avoid cycles of freezing and thawing. Centrifuge product if not completely clear after standing at room temperature. This product is stable for several weeks at 4° C as an undiluted liquid. Dilute only prior to immediate use.
- Alternative Name
- GEMC1 (GMNC Antibody Abstract)
- GEMC1, Gemc1, Gm1778, Gm606, gemc1, xGEMC1, geminin coiled-coil domain containing, geminin coiled-coil domain containing S homeolog, GMNC, Gmnc, gmnc.S
Synonyms: GEMC1 Antibody, GEMC1, GEMC1, Geminin coiled-coil domain-containing protein 1
Background: The Geminin coiled-coil domain-containing protein 1 (GEMC1) is a highly conserved protein that is required for chromosomal replication. GEMC1 contains a region similar to the coiled-coil domain of geminin, an essential vertebrate replication protein in which the coiled-coil domain is required for the function. GEMC1 binds to the checkpoint and replication factor TopBP1, allowing the binding of GEMC1 to chromatin during pre-replication complex formation. GEMC1 also directly interacts with replication factors Cdc45 and Cdk2-CyclinE and stimulates the initiation of DNA replication. Depletion of GEMC1 by siRNA in embryonic and somatic vertebrate cells prevents DNA replication due to impairment of Cdc45 loading onto chromatin, suggesting GEMC1 promotes initiation of DNA replication by mediating TopBP1 and Cdk2 dependent recruitment of Cdc45 onto replication origins.
Gene Name: GEMC1
- Gene ID
- NCBI Accession