Protease, serine, 12 (Neurotrypsin, Motopsin) (PRSS12) (N-Term) antibody Primary Antibody
- Binding Specificity
- ELISA, Fluorescence Microscopy (FM), Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Western Blotting (WB)
- Human, Mouse (Murine), Rat (Rattus)
- Cross-Reactivity (Details)
- Cross reactivity with Neurotrypsin from other sources has not been determined.
- Anti-Neurotrypsin Antibody was affinity purified from monospecific antiserum by immunoaffinity chromatography.
Immunogen: Anti-Neurotrypsin antibody was prepared from whole rabbit serum produced by repeated immunizations with a 23 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the N-terminus of human neurotrypsin.
Immunogen Type: Peptide
- Application Notes
Immunohistochemistry Dilution: 2.5 μg/mL
Application Note: Anti-Neurotrypsin Antibody has been tested for use in ELISA, Western Blotting, Immunohistochemistry and Immunofluorescence. Specific conditions for reactivity should be optimized by the end user. Expect a band at approximately 97 kDa in Western Blots of specific cell lysates and tissues.
ELISA Dilution: 1:5,000-1:20,000
Western Blot Dilution: .5-2 μg/mL
IF Microscopy Dilution: 20 μg/mL
- For Research Use only
Buffer: 0.01 M Sodium Phosphate, 0.25 M Sodium Chloride, pH 7.2
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- RT,4 °C,-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store vial at -20° C prior to opening. Aliquot contents and freeze at -20° C or below for extended storage. Avoid cycles of freezing and thawing. Centrifuge product if not completely clear after standing at room temperature. This product is stable for several weeks at 4° C as an undiluted liquid. Dilute only prior to immediate use.
- Alternative Name
- Neurotrypsin (PRSS12 Antibody Abstract)
- PRSS12, BSSP-3, BSSP3, MRT1, Bssp-3, motopsin, Nt, protease, serine 12, 26S proteasome regulatory SU, prsS12, neurotrypsin, protease, serine 12 neurotrypsin (motopsin), PRSS12, prsS12, HAN_3g451, CpipJ_CPIJ005457, CpipJ_CPIJ005852, Prss12
Synonyms: Neurotrypsin Antibody, MRT1, BSSP3, BSSP-3, Neurotrypsin, Leydin
Background: Neurotrypsin is a central nervous system-expressed serine protease whose truncation or absence causes nonsyndromic mental retardation. It is most prominently expressed in structures that are involved in the processing and storage of learned behavior and memory, such as the cerebral cortex, the hippocampus, and amygdala. Evidence suggests that neurotrypsin has multiple functions, including axonal outgrowth, maintaining neuronal plasticity, and arranging the perineuronal environment, partly in coordination with other proteases including tissue plasminogen activator. At least two isoforms of neurotrypsin are known to exist.
Gene Name: PRSS12
- Gene ID