IFITM1 antibody (Interferon-Induced Transmembrane Protein 1) (Internal Region) Primary Antibody
- Binding Specificity
- Internal Region
- This IFITM1 antibody is un-conjugated
- ELISA, Fluorescence Microscopy (FM), Western Blotting (WB)
- Human, Mouse (Murine), Rat (Rattus)
- Cross-Reactivity (Details)
- Cross reactivity with IFITM1 from other sources has not been determined.
- Anti-IFITM1 Antibody was affinity purified from monospecific antiserum by immunoaffinity chromatography.
Immunogen: Anti-IFITM1 antibody was prepared from whole rabbit serum produced by repeated immunizations with a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide near the internal region of human IFITM1.
Immunogen Type: Peptide
- Application Notes
Application Note: Anti-IFITM1 Antibody has been tested for use in ELISA, Western Blotting, Immunocytochemistry and Immunofluorescence. Specific conditions for reactivity should be optimized by the end user. Expect a band at approximately 14 kDa in Western Blots of specific cell lysates and tissues.
ELISA Dilution: 1:10,000-1:20,000
Western Blot Dilution: 1-2 μg/mL
IF Microscopy Dilution: 20 μg/mL
- For Research Use only
Buffer: 0.01 M Sodium Phosphate, 0.25 M Sodium Chloride, pH 7.2
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- RT,4 °C,-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store vial at -20° C prior to opening. Aliquot contents and freeze at -20° C or below for extended storage. Avoid cycles of freezing and thawing. Centrifuge product if not completely clear after standing at room temperature. This product is stable for several weeks at 4° C as an undiluted liquid. Dilute only prior to immediate use.
- Alternative Name
- IFITM1 (IFITM1 Antibody Abstract)
Synonyms: IFITM1 Antibody, 9-27, CD225, IFI17, LEU13, DSPA2a, Interferon-induced transmembrane protein 1, Dispanin subfamily A member 2a
Background: IFITM1 (Interferon inducible transmembrane protein 1) is a member of the IFN-inducible transmembrane protein family. It is an essential mediator of interferon-gamma-induced antiproliferation and plays a role in the control of cell growth. IFITM1 is upregulated in several tumor types and may be useful as a tumor biomarker. Both mouse IFITM1 and IFITM3 are expressed on the cell surfaces of primordial germ cells in a developmentally-regulated manner. IFITM1 activity is required for primordial germ cell transit, and IFITM1 acts as a repulsive molecule by repelling non-IFITM1-expressing primordial germ cells from the mesoderm into the endoderm.
Gene Name: IFITM1
- Gene ID
- NCBI Accession