TMEM184C antibody (Transmembrane Protein 184C) (C-Term) Primary Antibody
- Binding Specificity
- This TMEM184C antibody is un-conjugated
- ELISA, Fluorescence Microscopy (FM), Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Western Blotting (WB)
- Human, Mouse (Murine), Rat (Rattus)
- Cross-Reactivity (Details)
- Cross reactivity with TMEM184C from other sources has not been determined.
- Anti-TMEM184C Antibody was affinity purified from monospecific antiserum by immunoaffinity chromatography.
Immunogen: Anti-TMEM184C antibody was prepared from whole rabbit serum produced by repeated immunizations with a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide near the C-terminus of human TMEM184C.
Immunogen Type: Peptide
- Application Notes
Immunohistochemistry Dilution: 5 μg/mL
Application Note: Anti-TMEM184C Antibody has been tested for use in ELISA, Western Blotting, Immunohistochemistry and Immunofluorescence. Specific conditions for reactivity should be optimized by the end user. Expect a band at approximately 50 kDa in Western Blots of specific cell lysates and tissues.
ELISA Dilution: 1:10,000
Western Blot Dilution: 1 μg/mL
IF Microscopy Dilution: 20 μg/mL
- For Research Use only
Buffer: 0.01 M Sodium Phosphate, 0.25 M Sodium Chloride, pH 7.2
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- RT,4 °C,-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store vial at -20° C prior to opening. Aliquot contents and freeze at -20° C or below for extended storage. Avoid cycles of freezing and thawing. Centrifuge product if not completely clear after standing at room temperature. This product is stable for several weeks at 4° C as an undiluted liquid. Dilute only prior to immediate use.
- Alternative Name
- TMEM184C (TMEM184C Antibody Abstract)
Synonyms: TMEM184C Antibody, TMEM34, TMEM34, PRO1355, Transmembrane protein 184C, Transmembrane protein 34
Background: Anaplastic thyroid cancer is one of the most lethal forms of cancer, but the precise carcinogenic mechanism has not been identified. TMEM184C, also known as TMEM34, was identified in a cDNA microarray analysis as being down-regulated in anaplastic thyroid cancers compared to normal thyroid tissues. TMEM184C protein expression was also lower in cell lines derived from these types of cancers compared to that of normal thyroid tissues or cell lines based on other types of thyroid cancers. Furthermore, transfection of TMEM34 into KTA2 cells led to the inhibition of cell growth, suggesting that TMEM184C might act as a tumor suppressor in anaplastic thyroid cancers.
Gene Name: TMEM184C
- Gene ID
- NCBI Accession