Calpain, Small Subunit 2 (CAPNS2) antibody Primary Antibody
CAPNS2 Reactivity: Human, Mouse, Rat WB Host: Rabbit Polyclonal
Catalog No. ABIN6710573
Plus shipping costs $45.00
local_shipping Shipping to: United States
Delivery in 6 to 11 Business Days
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Western Blotting (WB)
- CAPNS2 polyclonal antibody detects endogenous levels of CAPNS2 protein.
- The antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
- > 95% (by SDS-PAGE)
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human CAPNS2
- Application Notes
- WB: 1:500~1:1000
- For Research Use only
- 1 mg/mL
- 1 mg/mL in Phosphate buffered saline (PBS) with 15 mM sodium azide, approx. pH 7.2.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- Handling Advice
- Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
- 4 °C,-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at 4°C short term. Aliquot and store at -20°C long term.
- Alternative Name
- CAPNS2 (CAPNS2 Antibody Abstract)
- 2310005G05Rik, 30K-2, calpain, small subunit 2, calpain small subunit 2, Capns2, CAPNS2
- The Calpain family of proteins are calcium-regulated thiol proteases which have broad endopeptidase activity throughout the body. Calpain small subunit 2, also known as CSS2 or CAPNS2, is a calcium-dependent protease that is expressed ubiquitously in the cytoplasm. Part of a heterodimer composed of a small subunit and a large subunit, CSS2 catalyzes proteolysis of various proteins involved in cytoskeletal remodeling and signal transduction. CSS2 also acts as a chaperone to the larger subunit, mediating its correct folding and conformation. When bound as a heterodimer, CSS2 is thought to keep the catalytic activity of the large subunit dormant. After binding calcium, CSS2 is released from the complex, thereby activating the large subunit and allowing CSS2 to translocate from the cytoplasm to the cell membrane. Defects in the gene encoding CSS2 result in incorrect calpain activity and retarded fetal development, suggesting that CSS2 expression is essential for proper growth.
- Molecular Weight
- ~ 28 kDa
You are here: