CD20 antibody (Membrane-Spanning 4-Domains, Subfamily A, Member 1) Primary Antibody
- CD20 (MS4A1)
- Antibody Type
- Recombinant Antibody
- This CD20 antibody is un-conjugated
- Blocking Reagent (BR), ELISA, Flow Cytometry (FACS), Immunoprecipitation (IP), Western Blotting (WB)
- Rituximab binds specifically to the transmembrane antigen, CD20, a non-glycosylated phosphoprotein, located on pre-B and mature B lymphocytes.
- "Rituximab binds specifically to the transmembrane antigen, CD20, a non-glycosylated phosphoprotein, located on pre-B and mature B lymphocytes."
"This is a therapeutic antibody derived from Mabthera and designed for research purposes. Rituximab, the active ingredient of Mabthera, binds specifically to the transmembrane antigen, CD20, a non-glycosylated phosphoprotein, located on pre-B and mature B lymphocytes." The Fab domain of rituximab binds to the CD20 antigen on B lymphocytes and the Fc domain can recruit immune effector functions to mediate B cell lysis. Possible mechanisms of effector-mediated cell lysis include complement-dependent cytotoxicity (CDC) resulting from C1q binding, and antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC) mediated by one or more of the Fcγ receptors on the surface of granulocytes, macrophages and NK cells. Rituximab binding to CD 20 antigen on B lymphocytes has also been demonstrated to induce cell death via apoptosis.
Peripheral B cell counts declined below normal following completion of the first dose of MabThera. In patients treated for haematological malignancies, B cell recovery began within 6 months of treatment and generally returned to normal levels within 12 months after completion of therapy, although in some patients this may take longer (up to a median recovery time of 23 months post-induction therapy). In rheumatoid arthritis patients, immediate depletion of B cells in the peripheral blood was observed following two infusions of 1000 mg MabThera separated by a 14 day interval. Peripheral blood B cell counts begin to increase from week 24 and evidence for repopulation is observed in the majority of patients by week 40, whether MabThera was administered as monotherapy or in combination with methotrexate. A small proportion of patients had prolonged peripheral B cell depletion lasting 2 years or more after their last dose of MabThera. In patients with granulomatosis with polyangiitis or microscopic polyangiitis, the number of peripheral blood B cells decreased to <10cells/μL after two weekly infusions of rituximab 375 mg/m2, and remained at that level in most patients up to the 6 month timepoint. The majority of patients (81%) showed signs of B cell return, with counts >10 cells/μL by month 12, increasing to 87% of patients by month 18.
- The commercial therapeutic mAb was diluted with sterile PBS to a final 1 mg/ml. (original drug Mabthera 100 was diluted 1:10)
- Rituximab (10F381)
anti-Membrane-Spanning 4-Domains, Subfamily A, Member 1 (MS4A1) (AA 213-297) antibody Primary Antibody
MS4A1 Reactivity: Human Coat, ELISA, FACS, IF, IHC, StM, WB Host: Mouse Monoclonal MS4A1-3409 unconjugated
- Application Notes
- Optimal dilution for a specific application should be determined by user
Rituximab is a genetically engineered chimeric mouse/human monoclonal antibody representing a glycosylated immunoglobulin with human IgG1 constant regions and murine light-chain and heavy-chain variable region sequences. The antibody is produced by mammalian (Chinese hamster ovary) cell suspension culture and purified by affinity chromatography and ion exchange, including specific viral inactivation and removal procedures.
- Research-relevant quantities are available as licence-free consumable as diluted variant. Therapeutic monoclonal antibodies can be used from researchers in in vitro and in vivo experiments.
- For Research Use only
- 1 mg/mL
- The dilutant is sterile PBS pH 7.4. No preservatives added
- Without preservative
- Handling Advice
- open only under sterile conditions
- 4 °C,-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer storage, aliquot and store at -20°C.
- Expiry Date
- 30 months
- CD20 (MS4A1)
- Alternative Name
- CD20 (MS4A1 Antibody Abstract)
- B1, Bp35, CD20, CVID5, LEU-16, MS4A2, S7, AA960661, Cd20, Ly-44, Ms4a2, MS4A1, bp35, cd20, ms4a2, leu-16, ms4a4c, cd20-like, membrane spanning 4-domains A1, membrane-spanning 4-domains, subfamily A, member 1, B-lymphocyte antigen CD20, MS4A1, Ms4a1, ms4a1, LOC101694281
- Synonyms: B1, Bp35, CVID5, LEU-16, MS4A2, S7, AA960661, Cd20, Ly-44, Ms4a2, MS4A1, bp35, cd20, ms4a2, leu-16, ms4a4c, cd20-like
- Molecular Weight
- 33 kDa
- Gene ID