ErbB2/Her2 antibody (Receptor tyrosine-protein kinase erbB-2) Primary Antibody
- Antibody Type
- Recombinant Antibody
- This ErbB2/Her2 antibody is un-conjugated
- Blocking Reagent (BR), ELISA, Flow Cytometry (FACS), Immunoprecipitation (IP), Western Blotting (WB)
- Trastuzumab binds with high affinity and specificity to sub-domain IV, a juxta-membrane region of HER2's extracellular domain.
- "Trastuzumab binds with high affinity and specificity to sub-domain IV, a juxta-membrane region of HER2's extracellular domain."
"This is a therapeutic antibody derived from Herceptin and designed for research purposes.Trastuzumab, the active ingredient of Herceptin, is a recombinant humanised IgG1 monoclonal antibody against the human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)." The pharmacokinetics of trastuzumab were evaluated in a population pharmacokinetic model analysis using pooled data from 1,582 subjects, including patients with HER2 positive MBC, EBC, AGC or other tumor types, and healthy volunteers, in 18 Phase I, II and III trials receiving Herceptin IV. A two-compartment model with parallel linear and non-linear elimination from the central compartment described the trastuzumab concentration-time profile. Due to non-linear elimination, total clearance increased with decreasing concentration. Therefore, no constant value for half-life of trastuzumab can be deduced. The t1/2 decreases with decreasing concentrations within a dosing interval.
MBC and EBC patients had similar PK parameters (e.g. clearance (CL), the central compartment volume (Vc)) and population-predicted steady-state exposures (Cmin, Cmax and AUC). Linear clearance was 0.136 L/day for MBC, 0.112 L/day for EBC and 0.176 L/day for AGC. The non-linear elimination parameter values were 8.81 mg/day for the maximum elimination rate (Vmax) and 8.92 μg/mL for the Michaelis-Menten constant (Km) for the MBC, EBC, and AGC patients. The central compartment volume was 2.62 L for patients with MBC and EBC and 3.63 L for patients with AGC.
In the final population PK model, in addition to primary tumor type, body-weight, serum aspartate aminotransferase and albumin were identified as a statistically significant covariates affecting the exposure of trastuzumab. However, the magnitude of effect of these covariates on trastuzumab exposure suggests that these covariates.
- The commercial therapeutic mAb was diluted with sterile PBS to a final 1 mg/ml. (original drug Herceptin 150 was diluted 1:21)
- Trastuzumab (4D5-8)
- Application Notes
- Optimal dilution for a specific application should be determined by user
Trastuzumab is a humanised IgG1 monoclonal antibody produced by mammalian (Chinese hamster ovary) cell suspension culture and purified by affinity and ion exchange chromatography including specific viral inactivation and removal procedures
- Research-relevant quantities are available as licence-free consumable as diluted variant. Therapeutic monoclonal antibodies can be used from researchers in in vitro and in vivo experiments.
- For Research Use only
- 1 mg/mL
- The dilutant is sterile PBS pH 7.4. No preservatives added
- Without preservative
- Handling Advice
- open only under sterile conditions
- 4 °C,-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer storage, aliquot and store at -20°C.
- Expiry Date
- 48 months
- Alternative Name
- HER2 (ErbB2/Her2 Antibody Abstract)
- CD340, HER-2, HER-2/neu, HER2, MLN 19, NEU, NGL, TKR1, Erbb-2, Neu, c-erbB2, c-neu, mKIAA3023, wu:fv70f10, zgc:63601, erb2, erb-b2 receptor tyrosine kinase 2, ERBB2, Erbb2, erbb2
- Synonyms: CD340, HER-2, HER-2/neu, MLN 19, NEU, NGL, TKR1, Erbb-2, Neu, c-erbB2, c-neu, mKIAA3023, wu:fv70f10, zgc:63601, erb2
- Molecular Weight
- 138 kDa
- Gene ID
- RTK Signaling, Fc-epsilon Receptor Signaling Pathway, EGFR Signaling Pathway, Neurotrophin Signaling Pathway, Skeletal Muscle Fiber Development