IL-6 Receptor antibody (Interleukin 6 Receptor) Primary Antibody
- IL-6 Receptor (IL6R)
- Antibody Type
- Recombinant Antibody
- This IL-6 Receptor antibody is un-conjugated
- Blocking Reagent (BR), ELISA, Flow Cytometry (FACS), Immunoprecipitation (IP), Western Blotting (WB)
- Tocilizumab binds specifically to both soluble and membrane-bound IL-6 receptors (sIL-6R and mIL-6R).
- "Tocilizumab binds specifically to both soluble and membrane-bound IL-6 receptors (sIL-6R and mIL-6R)."
- "This is a therapeutic antibody derived from RoActemra and designed for research purposes. Tocilizumab, the active ingredient of RoActemra, binds specifically to both soluble and membrane-bound IL-6 receptors (sIL-6R and mIL-6R)" Tocilizumab binds specifically to both soluble and membrane-bound IL-6 receptors (sIL-6R and mIL-6R). Tocilizumab has been shown to inhibit sIL-6R and mIL-6R-mediated signalling. IL-6 is a pleiotropic pro-inflammatory cytokine produced by a variety of cell types including T- and B-cells, monocytes and fibroblasts. IL-6 is involved in diverse physiological processes such as T-cell activation, induction of immunoglobulin secretion, induction of hepatic acute phase protein synthesis and stimulation of haemopoiesis. IL-6 has been implicated in the pathogenesis of diseases including inflammatory diseases, osteoporosis and neoplasia.
- The commercial therapeutic mAb was diluted with sterile PBS to a final 1 mg/ml. (original drug RoActemra 200 was diluted 1:20)
- Tocilizumab (rhPM-1)
- Application Notes
- Optimal dilution for a specific application should be determined by user
Tocilizumab humanised IgG1 monoclonal antibody against the human interleukin-6 (IL-6) receptor produced in Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells by recombinant DNA technology
- Research-relevant quantities are available as licence-free consumable as diluted variant. Therapeutic monoclonal antibodies can be used from researchers in in vitro and in vivo experiments.
- For Research Use only
- 1 mg/mL
- The dilutant is sterile PBS pH 7.4. No preservatives added
- Without preservative
- Handling Advice
- open only under sterile conditions
- 4 °C,-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer storage, aliquot and store at -20°C.
- Expiry Date
- 30 months
- IL-6 Receptor (IL6R)
- Alternative Name
- IL-6 R (IL6R Antibody Abstract)
- IL6R, il-6ra, CD126, IL-6R-1, IL-6RA, IL6Q, IL6RA, IL6RQ, gp80, IL6R1, Il6ra, IL-6Ralpha, IL-6R, Il6r, interleukin 6 receptor, interleukin 6 receptor, alpha, IL6R, il6r, Il6r, Il6ra
- Synonyms: IL6R, il-6ra, CD126, IL-6R-1, IL-6RA, IL6Q, IL6RA, IL6RQ, gp80, IL6R1, Il6ra, IL-6Ralpha, IL6R, Il6r
- Molecular Weight
- 52 kDa
- Gene ID
- JAK-STAT Signaling, Autophagy, Growth Factor Binding, Cancer Immune Checkpoints