Alpaca anti-Rabbit IgG Antibody (Alexa Fluor 568) - Preadsorbed Secondary Antibody
- Antibody Type
- Recombinant Antibody
- single-domain Antibody (sdAb)
- Alexa Fluor 568
- Immunofluorescence (IF), Super-resolution Microscopy (SRM), Western Blotting (WB)
- Alpaca single domain antibodies, monovalent
- This Nanobody mixture recognizes Fab and Fc fragments of rabbit IgG
- Cross-Reactivity (Details)
Cross-reactivity to: Human and macaque serum
No cross-reactivity to: Mouse, rat, sheep, goat, and guinea pig serum
- Alpaca anti-rabbit IgG, recombinant VHH is an anti-rabbit IgG specific secondary antibody. It consists of of a mixture of 2 anti-rabbit Nanobodies that bind to rabbit IgG with high affinity & specificity. The product belongs to the Nano-Secondaries family.
- Preadsorption: During product development, we exclude Nanobodies that cross react to other commonly used species' IgGs.
Immunogen: Purified rabbit IgG.
Alpaca-derived antibody, recombinantly produced in bacteria. Biclonal, mixture of 2 monoclonal Nanobodies.
- VHH0244: KD = 0.2 nM, VHH0245: KD = 1.2 nM
- Labeling Ratio
- Degree of labeling (DOL): 2 fluorophores per Nanobody
- Application Notes
Validation: Application validated for immunofluorescence, SRM, and Western blotting
Determination of cross-reactivity, sequence, affinity, melting point, and degree of labeling (DOL)
Fast one-step immunostaining: Simultaneous incubation of primary antibody and alpaca anti-rabbit IgG, recombinant VHH
Super-resolution microscopy 1:1,000
Western blot 1:1,000
Optimal working concentration is application-dependent and should be determined by testing a dilution range from 1:250 to 1:2,000.
Note: Image acquisition time may have to be optimized.
- Reduced incubation and hands-on time because the Alpaca anti-rabbit IgG, recombinant VHH can be incubated together with the rabbit primary antibody
- Higher resolution imaging due to the Alpaca anti-rabbit IgG, recombinant VHHs' 10 times smaller size than conventional secondary antibodies. The small size enables better tissue penetration, antigen access and decreases the distance between the epitope and label.
- Cleaner Images: The Alpaca anti-mouse IgG, recombinant VHH has a high specificity and low background:
We select only VHHs with the desired specificity during development, VHHs that cross-react to other commonly used species' IgGs are eliminated. Hence, Nano-Secondaries have an extreme low background, any kind of pre-adsorption is not needed.
- Multiplexing: the Alpaca anti-rabbit IgG, recombinant VHH does not cross-react to other frequently used IgGs and makes multiplexing possible.
- For Research Use only
- 0.5 g/L
- 10 mM HEPES pH 7.0, 500 mM NaCl, 5 mM EDTA, Preservative: 0.09 % Sodium azide
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- RT,-20 °C,-80 °C
- Storage Comment
Storage: -20 °C
storageComment: Shipped at ambient temperature. Store at -20°C short term or -80°C long term. Aliquot upon delivery. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles. Stable for 6 months after arrival.
- Expiry Date
- 6 months
- Next to conventional antibodies, alpacas possess also single domain antibodies (sdAbs). sdAbs contain only heavy chains and are devoid of light chains. The antigen binding domain of a sdAb is called VHH or Nanobody. Nano-Secondaries are IgG specific Nanobodies that are coupled to Alexa Fluor dyes.