Granulin antibody (GRN) Primary Antibody
- Please inquire
- This Granulin antibody is un-conjugated
- ELISA, Western Blotting (WB)
- Ni-NTA purified truncated recombinant GRN expressed in E. Coli strain BL21 (DE3).
- Crude ascites.
- IgG1, IgG3, IgM
- Alternative Name
- GRN (GRN Antibody Abstract)
- Granulins are a family of secreted, glycosylated peptides that are cleaved from a single precursor protein with 7.5 repeats of a highly conserved 12-cysteine granulin/epithelin motif. The 88 kDa precursor protein, progranulin, is also called proepithelin and PC cell-derived growth factor. Cleavage of the signal peptide produces mature granulin which can be further cleaved into a variety of active, 6 kDa peptides. These smaller cleavage products are named granulin A, granulin B, granulin C, etc. Both the peptides and intact granulin protein regulate cell growth. However, different members of the granulin protein family may act as inhibitors, stimulators, or have dual actions on cell growth. Granulin family members are important in normal development, wound healing, and tumorigenesis. GRN is expressed in myelogenous leukemic cell lines of promonocytic, promyelocytic, and proerythroid lineage, in fibroblasts, and very strongly in epithelial cell lines. present in inflammatory cells and bone marrow. highest levels in kidney.
- Gene ID
- Application Notes
- Western Blot: 1: 500- 1: 2,000
ELISA: Propose dilution 1: 10,000.
Determining optimal working dilutions by titration test.
- For Research Use only
- -20 °C
Lu, Serrero: "Stimulation of PC cell-derived growth factor (epithelin/granulin precursor) expression by estradiol in human breast cancer cells." in: Biochemical and biophysical research communications, Vol. 256, Issue 1, pp. 204-7, 1999 (PubMed).
Baba, Hoff, Nemoto, Lee, Orth, Arai, Gerton: "Acrogranin, an acrosomal cysteine-rich glycoprotein, is the precursor of the growth-modulating peptides, granulins, and epithelins, and is expressed in somatic as well as male germ cells." in: Molecular reproduction and development, Vol. 34, Issue 3, pp. 233-43, 1993 (PubMed).
- Lu, Serrero: "Stimulation of PC cell-derived growth factor (epithelin/granulin precursor) expression by estradiol in human breast cancer cells." in: Biochemical and biophysical research communications, Vol. 256, Issue 1, pp. 204-7, 1999 (PubMed).