Protein L Sepharose Bead
- Peptostreptococcus magnus
- Immunoprecipitation (IP), Purification (Purif)
- Purification of monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies, Immunoprecipitation.
- Binding capacity of human IgG is greater than 10 mg/ml of gel, High flow rate, Low falling off of rProteinL, pH stability 2-10.
- Protein L-Sepharose is prepared by covalently coupling recombinant Protein L (contains fiveIglight chain binding domains, BV catalog # ABIN412523) to 6% cross-linked sepharose beads. The coupling technique is optimized to give a high binding capacity. The capacity of IgG binding is generally greater than 10 mg of human IgG per ml of wet gel.
- Bead Ligand
- Protein L
- Bead Matrix
- Sepharose beads
- Bead Size
- 90 µm
- Application Notes
- IgG purification procedure eample:
1. Wash column with ddH2O to remove air bubbles.
2. fill column with protein L beads.
3. Wash the column with 5X volume of Binding Buffer.
4. Dilute serum sample with Binding Buffer (1:1 ratio).
5. Invert the diluted serum sample to mix well. Make sure no bubbles in the solution.
6. Pour the solution onto the column.
7. Collect the solution and repeat step 6 & 7 for 10 times.
8. Wash the column 5-10 times with the Binding Buffer.
9. Add Elution Buffer to elute IgG.
10. Collect the eluent using microcentrifuge tube.
11. Repeat step 9 & 10 for 10 times.
12. Assay protein concentration and combine the fractions containing sufficient amount of IgG.
Binding buffer: 0.05 M sodium borate, 0.15 M sodium chloride pH 8.0
Elution buffer: 0.1 M citric acid, pH 2.75.
Note: Protein L binds to all IgG subclasses from human, mouse and rat species. It also binds to human, mouse, and rat IgM, IgA, IgE, and IgD, as well as Fab and K light chains. Protein L is also superior for binding to chicken, Hamster and pig IgG.
- For Research Use only
- Supplied as a 50% slurry in 20 % Ethanol/H₂O, >5 mg Protein L/ml of sepharose beads.
- Handling Advice
- Do not freeze!
- 4 °C
- Expiry Date
- 12 months