Glutathione Peroxidase Activity Colorimetric Assay Kit Kit
- Glutathione Peroxidase 1 (GPX1)
- Detection Method
- Activity Assay (AcA)
- Sample Type
- Cell Culture Supernatant, Cell Lysate, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Samples
- Glutathione Peroxidase Assay Kit measures glutathione peroxidase (GPx) activity through a coupled reaction with glutathione reductase (GR). In the assay, GPx reduce Cumene Hydroperoxide, and oxidize GSH to GSSG. The generated GSSG is reduced to GSH with consumption of NADPH by GR. The decrease of NADPH is proportionally to GPx activity in the reactions. The decrease of NADPH can be easily measured by absorbance at 340 nm. The assay can be used to measure all of the glutathione dependent peroxidases in plasma, erythrocyte lysates, tissue homogenates, and cell lysates with detection sensitivity approx. 0.5 mU/mL of GPx in samples.
- Glutathione Peroxidase (GPx) Activity Assay Kit: Colorimetric Assay for Measuring GPx Activity in plasma, erythrocyte lysates, tissue homogenates, cell lysate etc. Simple, Direct & Highly Sensitive.
GPx Assay Buffer
Glutathione (GSH, lyophilized)
GPx Positive Control (lyophilized)
- Application Notes
- The assay has a detection sensitivity ~ 0.5 mU/mL of GPx in samples.
Further details regarding sample type: Cell and tissue culture supernatants, urine, plasma and serum, erythrocyte lysates, as well as many other biological fluids, etc.
- For Research Use only
- -20 °C
- Expiry Date
- 12 months
Takenaka, Haga, Inoue, Nakano, Ikeda, Katayama, Awata: "Identification of two nickel ion-induced genes, NCI16 and PcGST1, in Paramecium caudatum." in: Eukaryotic cell, 2014 (PubMed).
Lanoix, Lacasse, Reiter, Vaillancourt: "Melatonin: the watchdog of villous trophoblast homeostasis against hypoxia/reoxygenation-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis." in: Molecular and cellular endocrinology, Vol. 381, Issue 1-2, pp. 35-45, 2013 (PubMed).
Siu, Pei, Teng, Benzie, Ying, Wong: "Habitual exercise increases resistance of lymphocytes to oxidant-induced DNA damage by upregulating expression of antioxidant and DNA repairing enzymes." in: Experimental physiology, Vol. 96, Issue 9, pp. 889-906, 2011 (PubMed).
Sen, Simmons: "Maternal antioxidant supplementation prevents adiposity in the offspring of Western diet-fed rats." in: Diabetes, Vol. 59, Issue 12, pp. 3058-65, 2010 (PubMed).
- Takenaka, Haga, Inoue, Nakano, Ikeda, Katayama, Awata: "Identification of two nickel ion-induced genes, NCI16 and PcGST1, in Paramecium caudatum." in: Eukaryotic cell, 2014 (PubMed).
- Glutathione Peroxidase 1 (GPX1)
- Alternative Name
- Glutathione Peroxidase (GPX1 ELISA Kit Abstract)
- Gpx, ATGPX1, F13D4.40, F13D4_40, GLUTATHIONE PEROXIDASE 1, glutathione peroxidase 1, gshpx1, AI195024, AL033363, CGPx, GPx-1, GSHPx-1, GPX1, gpx1, cb690, zgc:92737, zgc:103683, GPXD, GSHPX1, GSHPx, glutathione peroxidase Gpx1, glutathione peroxidase, glutathione peroxidase 1, glutathione peroxidase 1a, glutathione peroxidase family protein, proliferating cell nuclear antigen, glutathione peroxidase 1 S homeolog, gpx1, GPX1, gpx, Gpx, Gpx1, gpx1a, POPTR_0003s12620g, Pcna, LBL_RS00590, btuE-1, GPX2, gpx1.S
- Glutathione Peroxidase (GPx, EC 22.214.171.124) is an enzyme family with peroxidase activity, and plays important role in protecting of organisms from oxidative damage. It converts reduced glutathione (GSH) to oxidized glutathione (GSSG), to reduce lipid hydroperoxides to their corresponding alcohols, or reduce free hydrogen peroxide to water. Several isozymes have been found in different cellular locations and with different substrate specificity. Low levels of GPx have been correlated with free radical related disorders.