Fast and effective Seperation is the bottleneck for many laboratories
- Extraction and purification of DNA is the first pivotal step for ensuring the success of downstream processes in molecular biology. Cloning, sequencing, and efficient PCR amplification all hinge on the isolation of high-quality purified DNA.
- DNA quality and purity can be effected by a number of factors including: sample size, the presence of contaminants in a sample, nucleic acid degradation during preparation, and the efficiency of lysis during sample preparation.
- Standardized kits for DNA isolation and purification offer several distinct advantages over traditional piece-meal solutions.
- In addition to providing a rapid and efficient method for high-yield extraction of purified DNA from a variety of sample types, the reagents in DNA extraction kits are specially formulated to minimize the presence of contaminants and reduce nucleic acid degradation during preparation.
- The easy-to-use, step-by-step nature of DNA extraction using a pre-formed kit also helps to minimize user-error thereby ensuring consistent isolation and minimal sample-to-sample variability.