|Application / Reactivity||Chemical|
|ELISA||1 ELISA Kits|
|Antigen||Leptin (LEP) ELISA Kits|
Kits with alternative reactivity to:
|Detection Range||0-100 ng/mL|
|Minimum Detection Limit||0 ng/mL|
|3 references available|
|Supplier||Log in to see|
Product Details Leptin ELISA KitTarget details Application Details Handling References for Leptin Kit (ABIN997071) Images
Target detailsProduct Details Leptin ELISA Kit Application Details Handling References for Leptin Kit (ABIN997071) Images back to top
|Alternative Name||Leptin (LEP ELISA Kit Abstract)|
|Background||The DAI Leptin Enzyme Immunoassay Kit provides materials for the quantitative determination of Leptin in serum and plasma. This assay is intended for in vitro diagnostic use only, except in the United States where it is intended for Research Use Only.|
|Research Area||Cardiovascular, Atherosclerosis, Hormones|
|Pathways||JAK-STAT Signaling, AMPK Signaling|
Application DetailsProduct Details Leptin ELISA Kit Target details Handling References for Leptin Kit (ABIN997071) Images back to top
Limitations of procedure:
|Sample Volume||15 μL|
|Assay Time||1 h|
1. All reagents and specimens must be allowed to come to room temperature before use. All reagents must be mixed without foaming.
2. Once the test has been started, all steps should be completed without interruption.
3. Use new disposal plastic pipette tips for each standard, control or sample in order to avoid cross contamination
4. Absorbance is a function of the incubation time and temperature. Before starting the assay, it is recommended that all reagents are ready, caps removed, all needed wells secured in holder, etc. This will ensure equal elapsed time for each pipetting step without interruption.
5. As a general rule the enzymatic reaction is linearly proportional to time and temperature.
|Calculation of Results||
It is strongly recommended that each laboratory should determine its own normal and abnormal values. In a study conducted with apparently normal healthy adults, using the DAI Leptin ELISA the following values are observed: Population ng/mL Males
1.79 Females 7.36 ±
1.Assay Dynamic Range The range of the assay is between 0 - 100 ng/mL.
2.Specificity of Antibodies (Cross Reactivity) The following substances were tested for cross reactivity of the assay: Component Cross reactivity Human Leptin 100 % Rat Leptin <0.2 % Mouse Leptin <0.2 % Human Insulin N.D. Human Proinsulin N.D. Rat Insulin N.D. Human C-Peptide N.D. Glucagon N.D. IGF-I N.D. N.D.: Not detectable
|Restrictions||For Research Use only|
HandlingProduct Details Leptin ELISA Kit Target details Application Details References for Leptin Kit (ABIN997071) Images back to top
|Expiry Date||12-14 months|
References for Leptin Kit (ABIN997071)Product Details Leptin ELISA Kit Target details Application Details Handling Images back to top
Klosz: "Quality management for the processing of medical devices." in: GMS Krankenhaushygiene interdisziplinär, Vol. 3, Issue 3, pp. Doc22, 2010
Guilloume, Björntorp: "Obesity in children. Environmental and genetic aspects." in: Hormone and metabolic research = Hormon- und Stoffwechselforschung = Hormones et métabolisme, Vol. 28, Issue 11, pp. 573-81, 1997
Considine, Sinha, Heiman, Kriauciunas, Stephens, Nyce, Ohannesian, Marco, McKee, Bauer: "Serum immunoreactive-leptin concentrations in normal-weight and obese humans." in: The New England journal of medicine, Vol. 334, Issue 5, pp. 292-5, 1996