Avidin antibody (Biotin) Primary Antibody
Reactivity: Chicken EIA, IHC (fro), IHC (p), WB Host: Rabbit Polyclonal
Catalog No. ABIN116961
Plus shipping costs $45.00
local_shipping Shipping to: United States
Delivery in 6 to 8 Business Days
- This Avidin antibody is conjugated to Biotin
- Enzyme Immunoassay (EIA), Immunohistochemistry (Frozen Sections) (IHC (fro)), Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p)), Western Blotting (WB)
- Assay by immunoelectrophoresis resulted in a single precipitin arc against anti-Rabbit Serum as well as purified and partially purified Avidin [Hen Egg White].
- Molar Ratio: 10-20 BAC molecules per Rabbit IgG molecule
- A multistep process which includes delipidation, salt fractionation and ion exchange chromatography followed by extensive dialysis against the buffer stated below
- Avidin [Hen Egg White]
- Application Notes
- Suitable for immunoblotting, ELISA, immunohistochemistry, immunomicroscopy as well asother antibody based assays using streptavidin or avidin conjugates requiring lot-to-lotconsistency. This product has been assayed against 1.0 μg of Avidin [Hen Egg White] in a standardsandwich ELISA using Peroxidase conjugated Affinity Purified anti-Rabbit IgG [H&L] (Goat)(R1364HRP) and (ABTS (2,2'-azino-bis-[3-ethylbenthiazoline-6-sulfonic acid]) as a substratefor 30 minutes at room temperature. A working dilution of 1: 8,000 to 1: 32,000 of the reconstitution concentration is suggestedfor this product.
Other applications not tested.
Optimal dilutions are dependent on conditions and should be determined by the user.
- For Research Use only
- Restore with 1.0 mL of deionized water (or equivalent).
- 10.0 mg/mL (by UV absorbance at 280 nm)
- 0.02 M Potassium Phosphate, 0.15 M Sodium Chloride, pH 7.2, with 10 mg/mL Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) IgG and Protease free as stabilizer and 0.01 % (w/v) Sodium Azide as preservative
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- Handling Advice
- Avoid repeated freezing and thawing. Do NOT add sodium azide! Dilute only prior to immediate use.
- 4 °C/-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store vial at 2-8 °C prior to restoration. Restore with deionized water (or equivalent), centrifuge product if not completely clear after standing at room temperature. This product is stable for one month at 2-8 °C as an undiluted liquid. For extended storage reconstitute product with 50% glycerol instead of water and then aliquot contents and freeze at -20 °C or below.
- avidin, avd, LOC723980, AVD
- The biological function of avidin is not known. It is a homotetrameric glycoprotein found in chicken egg white, and forms a strong non covalent specific complex with biotin (one molecule of biotin per subunit of avidin).Synonyms: AVD
- Gene ID
- NCBI Accession
You are here: