SLC5A3 antibody (Solute Carrier Family 5 Member 3) AA 251-350 (Biotin) Primary Antibody
- Target See all SLC5A3 Antibodies
- AA 251-350
- This SLC5A3 antibody is conjugated to Biotin
- Immunohistochemistry (Frozen Sections) (IHC (fro)), Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p))
- Predicted Reactivity
- Purified by Protein A.
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide derived from human SLC5A3/SMIT
- Application Notes
- For Research Use only
- 1 μg/μL
- Aqueous buffered solution containing 0.01M TBS ( pH 7.4) with 1 % BSA, 0.03 % Proclin300 and 50 % Glycerol.
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains ProClin: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE, which should be handled by trained staff only.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at -20°C
- Expiry Date
- 12 months
- Alternative Name
- SLC5A3/SMIT (SLC5A3 Products)
- AA623876, BF642829, Smit1, SMIT, SMIT1, SMIT2, Smit, solute carrier family 5 (inositol transporters), member 3, solute carrier family 5 member 3, Slc5a3, SLC5A3
Myo-inositol is involved in many important aspects of cellular regulation including membrane structure, signal transduction and osmoregulation. It is taken up into cells by the sodium/myo-inositol cotransporter (SMIT). SMIT activity maintains intracellular concentrations of myo-inositol, it is upregulated in response to hypertonic stress. The human SMIT protein is encoded by the SLC5A3 gene, which maps to chromosome 21q22.12. It is expressed in many human tissues, such as brain, kidney and placenta. Specifically, SMIT is abundantly expressed throughout the whole brain and spinal cord in fetal rat, but is downregulated in adult rat brain with the exception of the choroid plexus, where SMIT expression remains high. In kidney, SMIT localizes to the baso-lateral membranes of the thick ascending limb of Henle (TAL) and the inner medullary collecting duct (IMCD). Impaired SMIT activity is implicated in the pathogenesis of diabetes and Down syndrome.
Subcellular location: Cell membrane
Synonyms: Na+/myo inositol cotransporter, Na+/myo-inositol cotransporter, SC5A3_HUMAN, SLC5A3, SMIT, SMIT2, sodium/myo inositol cotransporter 1, Sodium/myo inositol cotransporter, Sodium/myo-inositol cotransporter, solute carrier family 5 inositol transporters, member 3, Solute carrier family 5 member 3.
- Inositol Metabolic Process