Catalog No. ABIN1882409
Plus shipping costs $45.00
local_shipping Shipping to: United States
Delivery in 2 to 3 Business Days
- Detection Method
- Activation (Act), Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer Microscopy (FRET)
- The SensoLyte® 520 BACE2 Assay Kit is a homogeneous assay that can be used to detect the activity of enzyme and for screening of BACE2 inhibitors. It contains a QXL™ 520/5-FAM FRET substrate, derived from a peptide sequence surrounding cleavage site of BACE2. QXL™ 520 quenches 5-FAM fluorescence in the intact FRET peptide. Active BACE2 cleaves FRET substrate into two separate fragments resulting in the release of 5-FAM fluorescence that can be monitored at excitation /emission= 490/520 nm. The long wavelength fluorescence of 5-FAM is less interfered by the autofluorescence of components in biological samples and test compounds.
FRET-based Assay Kit
- For Research Use only
- Handling Advice
- Protect Components A, B, and D from light and moisture.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store all kit components at -20 °C Component C can be stored at 4 °C for convenience.
- Target Name (Antigen)
- Alternative Name
- BACE2 (BACE2 ELISA Kit Abstract)
- BACE2 (beta-Secretase-2, Memapsin-1) belongs to the family of transmembrane aspartic proteases. BACE2 has approximately 75 % homology with BACE1 (beta-Secretase-1) and is similar to the enzyme that cleaves Amyloid Precursor Protein (APP) at the beta-site, generating N-terminal part of beta-Amyloid peptide. Unlike BACE1, which is highly expressed in pancreas and brain tissue, BACE2 is more widespread and can be found in many peripheral tissues and at higher levels compared to BACE1. BACE2 is one of the highest efficiency beta-amyloid peptide degrading enzymes that is less active compared to insulin degrading enzyme (IDE). Therefore, targeting BACE2 is considered a potential therapeutic strategy for the prevention and treatment of Alzheimer's disease.
You are here: