STRA6 antibody (Stimulated By Retinoic Acid 6) (Cy5) Primary Antibody
Human, Mouse, Rat
This STRA6 antibody is conjugated to Cy5
Immunofluorescence (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IF (p))
- Purified by Protein A.
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide derived from human STRA6
- Application Notes
- IF(IHC-P) 1:50-200
- For Research Use only
- 1 μg/μL
- Aqueous buffered solution containing 1 % BSA, 50 % glycerol and 0.09 % sodium azide.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE, which should be handled by trained staff only.
- 4 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at 4°C
- Expiry Date
- 12 months
- Alternative Name
- Stra6 (STRA6 Antibody Abstract)
- MCOPCB8, MCOPS9, AI891933, RGD1307551, STRA6, im:7151282, wu:fc51h06, zgc:136689, mcops9, pp14296, stimulated by retinoic acid 6, stimulated by retinoic acid gene 6, stimulated by retinoic acid gene 6 homolog (mouse), STRA6, Stra6, stra6
STRA6 is a 667 amino acid, multi-pass cell membrane protein. Stra6 functions as a cell-surface receptor for the complex retinol-retinol binding protein (RBP/RBP4). Ultimately increasing cellular retinol uptake from the retinol-RBP complex, Stra6 removes retinol from RBP/RPB4 and transports it across the plasma membrane, where it is metabolized. Stra6 is broadly expressed, with 4 named isoforms that exist as a result of alternative splicing events. Mutations in the gene encoding Stra6 cause Matthew-Wood Syndrome, also known as Spear Syndrome. This syndrome is characterized by anophtalmia, mild facial dysmorphism and malformations of the heart, lung and diaphragm. The Stra6 gene maps to chromosome 15q24.1.
Subcellular location: Extracellular
Synonyms: Stimulated by retinoic acid gene 6 protein homolog, STRA6_HUMAN.
- Gene ID
- Feeding Behaviour