CD40 antibody (CD40 Molecule, TNF Receptor Superfamily Member 5) (Extracellular Domain) Primary Antibody
- Binding Specificity
This CD40 antibody is un-conjugated
Flow Cytometry (FACS), Stimulation (St), Immunohistochemistry (IHC)
- Purified from serum-free medium by salting-out and ion-exchange chromatography under mild conditions.
- Sterile filtered
- Recombinant extracellular domain of CD40 Product, Purified from serum-free medium by salting-out and ion-exchange chromatography under mild conditions.
- IgG1 kappa
- Application Notes
2. Immunohistochemistry (acetone or zinc-fixed or frozen section, indirect immuno-staining)
3. Stimulation of proliferation of B cell and dendritic cells. Enhancement of proinflamentory cytokine production in human monocytes,such as TNF-a,IL-6 and IL-8
- For Research Use only
- 1 mg/mL
- PBS, 50 % glycerol. Azide- and carrier protein-free.
- Azide free
- -20 °C
Ishida, Kumanogoh, Suzuki, Akahani, Noda, Kikutani: "Involvement of CD100, a lymphocyte semaphorin, in the activation of the human immune system via CD72: implications for the regulation of immune and inflammatory responses." in: International immunology, Vol. 15, Issue 8, pp. 1027-34, 2003 (PubMed).
Yasui, Muraoka, Takaoka-Shichijo, Ishida, Takegahara, Uchida, Kumanogoh, Suematsu, Suzuki, Kikutani: "Dissection of B cell differentiation during primary immune responses in mice with altered CD40 signals." in: International immunology, Vol. 14, Issue 3, pp. 319-29, 2002 (PubMed).
Inui, Kaisho, Kikutani, Stamenkovic, Seed, Clark, Kishimoto: "Identification of the intracytoplasmic region essential for signal transduction through a B cell activation molecule, CD40." in: European journal of immunology, Vol. 20, Issue 8, pp. 1747-53, 1990 (PubMed).
- Ishida, Kumanogoh, Suzuki, Akahani, Noda, Kikutani: "Involvement of CD100, a lymphocyte semaphorin, in the activation of the human immune system via CD72: implications for the regulation of immune and inflammatory responses." in: International immunology, Vol. 15, Issue 8, pp. 1027-34, 2003 (PubMed).
- Alternative Name
- CD40 (CD40 Antibody Abstract)
- Bp50, CDW40, TNFRSF5, p50, AI326936, GP39, HIGM1, IGM, IMD3, T-BAM, TRAP, Tnfrsf5, TNFSF5, CD40 molecule, CD40 antigen, CD40, Cd40
- CD40 is a 45-50- kDa glycoprotein belonging to the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) receptor superfamily. CD40 is specifically expressed on the surface of B cells and specialized antigen-presenting cells such as dendritic cells and macrophages. CD40 interacts with the CD40 ligand (CD154) which is found primarily on T cells, playing a role in both humoral and cell-mediated immune responses. Activation of CD40 on B cells by CD40 ligand causes B cell proliferation, differentiation, immunoglobulin isotype switching, germinal center formation, and stimulation of the humoral memory response. CD40 has been found to mediate a broad variety of immune and inflammatory responses. Within the cell, the CD40 Molecule acts as a transmembrane signal transducer that leads to activation of intracellular kinases and transcription factors.
- NF-kappaB Signaling, Cellular Response to Molecule of Bacterial Origin, M Phase, Regulation of Leukocyte Mediated Immunity, Positive Regulation of Immune Effector Process, Production of Molecular Mediator of Immune Response, Cancer Immune Checkpoints