CD16 (CD16) antibody Primary Antibody
- Human, Non-Human Primate
- Flow Cytometry (FACS), Functional Studies (Func), Immunohistochemistry (Frozen Sections) (IHC (fro)), Immunoprecipitation (IP)
The mouse monoclonal antibody 3G8 recognizes CD16, a low affinity receptor for aggregated IgG (FcgammaRIII antigen). CD16 exists in two different isoforms: CD16a (FcgammaRIIIA, 50-65 kDa, expressed on NK-cells, monocytes and macrophages) and CD16b (FcgammaRIIIB, 48 kDa, mainly expressed on neutrophils).
HLDA V, WS Code NK80
- Cross-Reactivity (Details)
- Human, Non-Human Primates
- Purified by protein-A affinity chromatography
- > 95 % (by SDS-PAGE)
- 0.2 μm filtered
- Endotoxin Level
- Endotoxin level is less than 0.01 EU/µg of the protein, as determined by the LAL test.
- Human neutrophils
- Application Notes
- Optimal working dilution should be determined by the investigator.
- For Research Use only
- Azide free phosphate buffered saline (PBS), approx. pH 7.4, 0.2 μ,m filter sterilized.
- Azide free
- 4 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at 2-8°C. Do not freeze. Do not use after expiration date stamped on vial label.
Burt, Plitas, Zhao, Bamboat, Nguyen, Dupont, DeMatteo: "The lytic potential of human liver NK cells is restricted by their limited expression of inhibitory killer Ig-like receptors." in: Journal of immunology (Baltimore, Md. : 1950), Vol. 183, Issue 3, pp. 1789-96, 2009 (PubMed).
Choi, Wang, Peterson, Letvin, Reimann: "Use of an anti-CD16 antibody for in vivo depletion of natural killer cells in rhesus macaques." in: Immunology, Vol. 124, Issue 2, pp. 215-22, 2008 (PubMed).
Congy-Jolivet, Bolzec, Ternant, Ohresser, Watier, Thibault: "Fc gamma RIIIa expression is not increased on natural killer cells expressing the Fc gamma RIIIa-158V allotype." in: Cancer research, Vol. 68, Issue 4, pp. 976-80, 2008 (PubMed).
Komano, Nanki, Hayashida, Taniguchi, Miyasaka: "Identification of a human peripheral blood monocyte subset that differentiates into osteoclasts." in: Arthritis research & therapy, Vol. 8, Issue 5, pp. R152, 2007 (PubMed).
Wijngaarden, van Roon, van de Winkel, Bijlsma, Lafeber: "Down-regulation of activating Fcgamma receptors on monocytes of patients with rheumatoid arthritis upon methotrexate treatment." in: Rheumatology (Oxford, England), Vol. 44, Issue 6, pp. 729-34, 2005 (PubMed).
Metes, Ernst, Chambers, Sulica, Herberman, Morel: "Expression of functional CD32 molecules on human NK cells is determined by an allelic polymorphism of the FcgammaRIIC gene." in: Blood, Vol. 91, Issue 7, pp. 2369-80, 1998 (PubMed).
- Burt, Plitas, Zhao, Bamboat, Nguyen, Dupont, DeMatteo: "The lytic potential of human liver NK cells is restricted by their limited expression of inhibitory killer Ig-like receptors." in: Journal of immunology (Baltimore, Md. : 1950), Vol. 183, Issue 3, pp. 1789-96, 2009 (PubMed).
- Alternative Name
- CD16 (CD16 Antibody Abstract)
- Fcgr3, Fcgr3a, CD16, FCGR3, FCGR3@, CD16b, FCG3, FCR-10, FCRIII, FCRIIIb, FcRIII, Fc fragment of IgG, low affinity IIa, receptor, Fc fragment of IgG, low affinity IIIa, receptor (CD16a), Fc fragment of IgG receptor IIIb, Fc fragment of IgG receptor IIIa, Fc receptor, IgG, low affinity III, Fc-gamma RIII, Fcgr2a, FCGR3A, FCGR3B, Fcgr3, FCGR3
- CD16 (FcgammaRIII) is a 50-65 kDa glycoprotein serving as a low affinity IgG receptor. Human FcgammaRIII is expressed in two forms –, FcgammaRIII-A and -B. FcgammaRIII-A is a transmembrane protein of monocytes, macrophages, NK cells and a subset of T cells. It is associated with FcepsilonRI-gamma subunit and is responsible for antibody-dependent NK cell cytotoxicity. Mast cell FcgammaRIII-A is associated, moreover, with FcepsilonRI-beta subunit. Besides IgG, FcgammaRIII-A can be triggered also by oligomeric IgE. FcgammaRIII-B is a GPI-linked monomeric receptor expressed on neutrophils and is involved in their activation and induction of a proadhesive phenotype.
- Regulation of Leukocyte Mediated Immunity, Positive Regulation of Immune Effector Process