Flotillin 1 antibody (Middle Region)
- Target See all Flotillin 1 (FLOT1) Antibodies
- Flotillin 1 (FLOT1)
- Middle Region
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- This Flotillin 1 antibody is un-conjugated
- Western Blotting (WB)
- Antigen affinity
- An amino acid sequence from the middle region of human FLOT1 (KKAAYDIEVNTRRAQA) was used as the immunogen for this Flotillin 1 antibody.
- Application Notes
- The stated application concentrations are suggested starting amounts. Titration of the Flotillin 1 antibody may be required due to differences in protocols and secondary/substrate sensitivity.\. Western blot: 0.5-1 μg/mL
- For Research Use only
- 0.5 mg/mL if reconstituted with 0.2 mL sterile DI water
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- After reconstitution, the Flotillin 1 antibody can be stored for up to one month at 4°C. For long-term, aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- Flotillin 1 (FLOT1)
- Alternative Name
- Flotillin 1 (FLOT1 Products)
- reggie-2 antibody, flot1 antibody, Rareg antibody, flot1c antibody, flotillin-1 antibody, flotillin1 antibody, flot1a antibody, reggie2 antibody, si:dz44o19.1 antibody, wu:fj45g11 antibody, flotillin 1 antibody, flotillin-1 antibody, putative flotillin-1 antibody, flotillin 1 S homeolog antibody, flotillin 1 L homeolog antibody, flotillin 1a antibody, FLOT1 antibody, Flot1 antibody, flot1 antibody, LOC5566722 antibody, CpipJ_CPIJ008623 antibody, Smp_016200.1 antibody, flot1.S antibody, flot1.L antibody, flot1a antibody
- Flotillin 1 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the FLOT1 gene. The International Radiation Hybrid Mapping Consortium mapped the gene to chromosome 6. Bickel et al.(1997) found that mouse Flot1 behaves as a resident integral membrane protein of caveolae. It consistently copurified with Flot2 and with caveolin-1 in the purification of caveolin-rich membranes. Hazarika et al.(1999) found that stable transfection of Flot1, which they called ESA/flotillin-2, in COS-1 cells induced filopodia formation and changed the epithelial morphology to that of neuronal cells. Santamaria et al.(2005) found that prostate tumor overexpressed gene-1 interacted with Flotillin1 in detergent-insoluble membrane fractions. Flotillin1 colocalized with PTOV1 at the plasma membrane and in the nucleus, and it entered the nucleus concomitant with PTOV1 shortly before initiation of S phase.