FOLR1 antibody (Folate Receptor 1 (Adult)) Primary Antibody
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- This FOLR1 antibody is un-conjugated
- Western Blotting (WB)
- This antibody detects endogenous levels of FR-α (Y80) protein. (region surrounding Tyr80)
- Cross-Reactivity (Details)
Species reactivity (expected):Mouse and Rat.
Species reactivity (tested):Human.
- Affinity chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen
- > 95 % (by SDS-PAGE)
anti-Folate Receptor 1 (Adult) (FOLR1) (AA 179-228) antibody Primary Antibody
FOLR1 Reactivity: Human, Mouse, Rat, Bat, Dog, Hamster, Horse, Rabbit IHC, IHC (p), WB Host: Rabbit Polyclonal unconjugated
- Application Notes
Western blot: 1: 500 - 1: 1000.
Other applications not tested.
Optimal dilutions are dependent on conditions and should be determined by the user.
- For Research Use only
- 1.0 mg/mL
- Phosphate buffered saline (PBS), pH 7.2, 0.05 % sodium azide
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- Handling Advice
- Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- 4 °C/-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at 2 - 8 °C for up to one month or (in aliquots) at -20 °C for longer.
- Alternative Name
- Folate Receptor alpha (FOLR1 Antibody Abstract)
- FBP, FOLR, fbp, folr, folr1, FBP1, Folbp-1, Folbp1, Fbp1, FOLR1, Folr1, folate receptor 1, folate receptor 1 (adult), folate receptor 1 (adult) L homeolog, zgc:165502, Folate receptor alpha, folate receptor alpha, FOLR1, folr1, folr1.L, zgc:165502, Folr1, LOC100066084, LOC100725439
- Folate is an essential vitamin that must be obtained from food intake through intestinal absorption in mammals. Folate and reduced folic acid derivatives bind to the folate receptor (FR) family, which mediates the endocytosis of 5-methyltetrahydrofolate into the cell. The folate receptors consist of five members, α, β, γ, γ' (which is produced by alternative splicing) and δ. β-FR is attached to the membrane by a GPI anchor and is expressed in malignant tissues of epithelial and nonepithelial origin. γ-FR is expressed in tissues of hematopoietic origin, such as spleen, thymus and bone marrow. The expression pattern of δ-FR is elusive, which suggests that it is highly restricted both spatially and temporally. The α isoform of the folate receptor is used as a highly selective tumor marker and may be targeted for the delivery of therapeutic compounds to tumor cells by coupling to derivatives of folic acid.Synonyms: Adult folate-binding protein, FOLR, FOLR1, FR-alpha, Folate receptor 1, KB cells FBP, MOv18, Ovarian tumor-associated antigen MOv18
- Molecular Weight
- approx. 34 kDa
- Gene ID
- NCBI Accession
- Dicarboxylic Acid Transport