MRPL2 antibody (Mitochondrial Ribosomal Protein L2) Primary Antibody
- Human, Mouse
- This MRPL2 antibody is un-conjugated
- Western Blotting (WB)
- Polyclonal Antibody
- Affinity purification
- Recombinant fusion protein of human MRPL2 (NP_057034.2).
- Application Notes
- WB 1:500-1:2000
- For Research Use only
- 1 mg/mL
- PBS with 0.02 % sodium azide, 50 % glycerol, pH 7.3
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Alternative Name
- MRPL2 (MRPL2 Antibody Abstract)
- MRP-L14, RPML14, CGI-22, Rpml14, mitochondrial ribosomal protein L2, MRPL2, Mrpl2
- Mammalian mitochondrial ribosomal proteins are encoded by nuclear genes and help in protein synthesis within the mitochondrion. Mitochondrial ribosomes (mitoribosomes) consist of a small 28S subunit and a large 39S subunit. They have an estimated 75 % protein to rRNA composition compared to prokaryotic ribosomes, where this ratio is reversed. Another difference between mammalian mitoribosomes and prokaryotic ribosomes is that the latter contain a 5S rRNA. Among different species, the proteins comprising the mitoribosome differ greatly in sequence, and sometimes in biochemical properties, which prevents easy recognition by sequence homology. This gene encodes a 39S subunit protein that belongs to the EcoL2 ribosomal protein family. A pseudogene corresponding to this gene is found on chromosome 12q. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms.
- Molecular Weight
Observed_MW: 33 kDa
Calculated_MW: 33 kDa
- Gene ID