Glycophorin A antibody (Glycophorin A (MNS Blood Group)) (N-Term) Primary Antibody
GYPA Reactivity: Human AGG, FACS, IHC (f) Host: Mouse Monoclonal HIR2
Catalog No. ABIN94041
Plus shipping costs $45.00
local_shipping Shipping to: United States
Delivery in 5 to 7 Business Days
- Binding Specificity
- This Glycophorin A antibody is un-conjugated
- Aggregation (AGG), Flow Cytometry (FACS), Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed Sections) (IHC (f))
- The antibody HIR2 recognizes N-terminal portion of glycophorin A (and weakly of glycophorin B). Its antigen is expressed on early erythroblasts, late erythroblasts, erythroblasts, mature erythrocytes and the cells of erythroid cell lines K562 and HEL, but not on all other cells.
HLDA VII, WS Code 70299
- Cross-Reactivity (Details)
- Purified by protein-A affinity chromatography
- > 95 % (by SDS-PAGE)
- Synthetic peptide (Human, N-terminal)
- Application Notes
- Optimal working dilution should be determined by the investigator.
- For Research Use only
- 1 mg/mL
- Phosphate buffered saline (PBS) with 15 mM sodium azide, approx. pH 7.4
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- Handling Advice
- Do not freeze.
- 4 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at 2-8°C. Do not freeze. Do not use after expiration date stamped on vial label.
- Alternative Name
- CD235a (GYPA Antibody Abstract)
- CD235a (Glycophorin A, GPA) is a transmembrane sialoglycoprotein expressed on erythrocytes and their precursors. Similarly to glycophorin B (GPB), these molecules provide the cells with a large mucin-like surface, which minimalizes aggregation between erythrocytes in the circulation. GPA is the carrier of blood group M and N specificities, while GPB accounts for S, s and U specificities. CD235a is a receptor of Hsa, an Streptococcus adhesin.
- Maintenance of Protein Location
You are here: