Pregnancy Zone Protein (PZP) protein (Myc-DYKDDDDK Tag) Protein
- Protein Name
- Protein Type
- HEK-293 Cells
- Purification tag / Conjugate
- This PZP protein is labelled with Myc-DYKDDDDK Tag.
- Antibody Production (AbP), Functional Studies (Func), Protein Interaction (PI), Standard (STD)
- Optimal preservation of protein structure, post-translational modifications and functions.
- Recombinant human Pregnancy-zone protein (PZP) protein expressed in HEK293 cells.
- Produced with end-sequenced ORF clone
- > 80 % as determined by SDS-PAGE and Coomassie blue staining
- Protein Name
- The protein encoded by this gene is highly expressed in late-pregnancy serum and is similar in structure to alpha-2-macroglobulin. The encoded protein, which acts as a homotetramer, inhibits the activity of all four classes of proteinases. This protein contains cleavage sites for several proteinases. Upon binding of a proteinase, the conformation of this protein changes to trap the proteinase, limiting its activity. This protein appears to be elevated in the sera of presymptomatic Alzheimer&aposs disease patients.
- Molecular Weight
- 163.7 kDa
- NCBI Accession
- Application Notes
- Recombinant human proteins can be used for:
Native antigens for optimized antibody production
Positive controls in ELISA and other antibody assays
In vitro biochemical assays and cell-based functional assays
The tag is located at the C-terminal.
- For Research Use only
- > 50 μg/mL
- 25 mM Tris.HCl, pH 7.3, 100 mM glycine, 10 % glycerol.
- -80 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at -80°C. Thaw on ice, aliquot to individual single-use tubes, and then re-freeze immediately. Only 2-3 freeze thaw cycles are recommended.