GBGT1 antibody (Globoside alpha-1,3-N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 1) Primary Antibody
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- This GBGT1 antibody is un-conjugated
- Immunofluorescence (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IF (p)), Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p)), Western Blotting (WB)
- Purified by Protein A.
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide derived from human GBGT1
- Application Notes
- For Research Use only
- 1 μg/μL
- Aqueous buffered solution containing 1 % BSA, 50 % glycerol and 0.09 % sodium azide.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE, which should be handled by trained staff only.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at -20°C
- Expiry Date
- 12 months
- Alternative Name
- Gbgt1 (GBGT1 Antibody Abstract)
- A3GALNT, FS, UNQ2513, Fgs, Fs, globoside alpha-1,3-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 1 (FORS blood group), Globoside alpha-1,3-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 1, globoside alpha-1,3-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 1, GBGT1, gbgt1, LOC100225394, Gbgt1
GBGT1 is a 347 amino acid single-pass type II membrane protein that belongs to the glycosyltransferase 6 family. Localizing to the golgi apparatus membrane, GBGT1 is widely expressed, with high levels found in placenta, ovary and peripheral blood leukocyte, and lower levels expressed in liver, thymus and testis. GBGT1 utilizes manganese as a cofactor, and assists in the addition of N-acetylgalactosamine (GalNAc) in alpha-1,3-linkage to various substrates, resulting in the formation of glycolipids. Glycolipids are present in most eukaryotic cells and may assist in the adherence of certain pathogens. Existing as two alternatively spliced isoforms, the gene encoding GBGT1 maps to human chromosome 9q34.2 and mouse chromosome 2 A3.
Synonyms: 3-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 1, A3GALNT, EC=2.4.1.-, Forssman glycolipid synthase-like protein, Forssman glycolipid synthetase FS, Forssman synthetase, FS, GBGT1, GBGT1_HUMAN, Globoside alpha-1, globoside alpha-1,3-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 1, glycolipid synthase-like protein, RP11-326L24.6, UNQ2513, UNQ2513/PRO6002.
- Gene ID