Solute Carrier Family 14 (Urea Transporter, Kidney) Member 2 (SLC14A2) (AA 911-929) antibody (PerCP) Primary Antibody
SLC14A2 Reactivity: Mouse, Rat ICC, IF, IHC, WB Host: Rabbit Polyclonal
Catalog No. ABIN2486313
Plus shipping costs $45.00
local_shipping Shipping to: United States
Delivery in 3 to 4 Business Days
- Binding Specificity
- AA 911-929
- Mouse, Rat
- Immunocytochemistry (ICC), Immunofluorescence (IF), Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Western Blotting (WB)
- Detects ~97 and 127 kDa.
- Protein A Purified
- Produced against a synthetic peptide mapped to the C-terminal tail (amino acids 911-929) of rat UT-A1 (antibody designation L194)
- Application Notes
- WB (1:1000)
- IHC (1:25)
- optimal dilutions for assays should be determined by the user.
1 μg/ml of ABIN2486313 was sufficient for detection of UT-A1 in 20 μg of rat kidney tissue lysate by colorimetric immunoblot analysis using Goat anti-rabbit IgG:HRP as the secondary antibody.
- For Research Use only
- 1 mg/mL
- PBS, 50 % glycerol, 0.09 % sodium azide
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE, which should be handled by trained staff only.
- -20 °C
- Alternative Name
- UT-A1 (SLC14A2 Antibody Abstract)
- UT-A1, a kidney-specific urea transporter is expressed in the renal collecting duct where it mediates trans-epithelial urea transport and is a target for regulation by vasopressin. Urea movement out of the collecting duct in the inner medulla of the kidney allows accumulation of urea in the medullary interstitium, thereby allowing maximum water reabsorption from the collecting ducts. (The antibody also recognizes a second protein from the UT-A gene driven by transcription from an alternative promoter and expressed in the thin descending limb of Henle, viz. UT-A2) (1, 2).
- Gene ID
- NCBI Accession
- Response to Water Deprivation
You are here: