5-Methylcytosine antibody Primary Antibody
- Please inquire
- Dot Blot (DB), Methylated DNA Immunoprecipitation (MeDIP), Methylated DNA Immunoprecipitation Sequencing (MeDIP-Seq)
- Protein A Chromatography
- This 5-Methylcytosine (5-mC) antibody was raised against 5-Methyl-cytidine conjugated to KLH and recognizes 5-Methylcytosine.
- Application Notes
- Optimal working dilution should be determined by the investigator.
- For Research Use only
- 1 μg/μL
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- Handling Advice
Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles and keep on ice when not in storage.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Antibodies in solution can be stored at -20 °C for 2 years.
- Expiry Date
- 6 months
- Target Type
- 5-Methylcytosine (5-mC) is a modified base that is found in the DNA of plants and vertebrates. DNA methylation is an epigenetic event in which DNA methyltransferases (DNMTs) catalyze the reaction of a methyl group to the fifth carbon of cytosine in a CpG dinucleotide. This modification helps to control gene expression and is also involved in genomic imprinting, while aberrant DNA methylation is often associated with disease. The 5-methylcytidine antibody (Clone A1) has been developed to discriminate between the modified base and its normal cytosine counterpart, allowing for gene promoter methylation analysis.