IL-5 antibody (Interleukin 5) (Middle Region) Primary Antibody
- IL-5 (IL5)
- Middle Region
- This IL-5 antibody is un-conjugated
- Western Blotting (WB)
- LESQTVQGGT VERLFKNLSL IKKYIDGQKK KCGEERRRVN QFLDYLQEFL
- Predicted Reactivity
- Human: 100%
- This is a rabbit polyclonal antibody against IL5. It was validated on Western Blot using a cell lysate as a positive control.
- Affinity Purified
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human IL5
- Application Notes
- Optimal working dilutions should be determined experimentally by the investigator.
Antigen size: 134 AA
- For Research Use only
- Lot specific
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09 % (w/v) sodium azide and 2 % sucrose.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- Handling Advice
- Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- For short term use, store at 2-8°C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20°C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- IL-5 (IL5)
- Alternative Name
- IL5 (IL5 Antibody Abstract)
- EDF, IL-5, TRF, Il-5, IL5, interleukin 5, IL5, Il5
IL5 is a cytokine that acts as a growth and differentiation factor for both B cells and eosinophils. This cytokine is a main regulator of eosinopoiesis, eosinophil maturation and activation. The elevated production of this cytokine is reported to be related to asthma or hypereosinophilic syndromes. The protein encoded by this gene is a cytokine that acts as a growth and differentiation factor for both B cells and eosinophils. This cytokine is a main regulator of eosinopoiesis, eosinophil maturation and activation. The elevated production of this cytokine is reported to be related to asthma or hypereosinophilic syndromes. The receptor of this cytokine is a heterodimer, whose beta subunit is shared with the receptors for interleukine 3 (IL3) and colony stimulating factor 2 (CSF2/GM-CSF). This gene, together with those for interleukin 4 (IL4), interleukin 13 (IL13), and CSF2, form a cytokine gene cluster on chromosome 5. This cytokine, IL4, and IL13 are found to be regulated coordinately by long-range regulatory elements spread over 120 kilobases on chromosome 5q31. Publication Note: This RefSeq record includes a subset of the publications that are available for this gene. Please see the Entrez Gene record to access additional publications.
Alias Symbols: EDF, IL-5, TRF
Protein Interaction Partner: CXCL8, IL5RA, IL5, STAT5A,
Protein Size: 134
- Molecular Weight
- 13 kDa
- Gene ID
- NCBI Accession
- NM_000879, NP_000870
- JAK-STAT Signaling, Positive Regulation of Peptide Hormone Secretion, Production of Molecular Mediator of Immune Response, Feeding Behaviour