Sortilin 1 antibody (SORT1) (N-Term) Primary Antibody
SORT1 Reactivity: Mouse, Rat IHC, WB Host: Rabbit Polyclonal
Catalog No. ABIN350868
Plus shipping costs $45.00
local_shipping Shipping to: United States
Delivery in 7 to 8 Business Days
- Binding Specificity
- Mouse, Rat
- This Sortilin 1 antibody is un-conjugated
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Western Blotting (WB)
- Specific for Sortilin.
- A synthetic peptide from the extracellular, N-terminal region of rat Sortilin (Neurotensin receptor 3, NTR3, Sort1) conjugated to immunogenic carrier protein was used as the antigen.
- Application Notes
- A concentration of 10-50 µg/ml is recommended.
The optimal concentration should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
- For Research Use only
- Reconstitute in 100 µL of sterile water. Centrifuge to remove any insoluble material.
- Handling Advice
- Avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
- 4 °C/-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Maintain the lyophilised/reconstituted antibodies frozen at -20°C for long term storage and refrigerated at 2-8°C for a shorter term. When reconstituting, glycerol (1:1) may be added for an additional stability. Avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
- Expiry Date
- 12 months
- Alternative Name
- Sortilin (SORT1 Antibody Abstract)
- Function: Functions as a sorting receptor in the Golgi compartment and as a clearance receptor on the cell surface. Required for protein transport from the Golgi apparatus to the lysosomes by a pathway that is independent of the mannose-6-phosphate receptor (M6PR). Also required for protein transport from the Golgi apparatus to the endosomes. Promotes neuronal apoptosis by mediating endocytosis of the proapoptotic precursor forms of BDNF (proBDNF) and NGFB (proNGFB). Also acts as a receptor for neurotensin. May promote mineralization of the extracellular matrix during osteogenic differentiation by scavenging extracellular LPL. Probably required in adipocytes for the formation of specialized storage vesicles containing the glucose transporter SLC2A4/GLUT4 (GLUT4 storage vesicles, or GSVs). These vesicles provide a stable pool of SLC2A4 and confer increased responsiveness to insulin. May also mediate transport from the endoplasmic reticulum to the Golgi.
Subunit: Interacts with the cytosolic adapter proteins GGA1 and GGA2. Interacts with numerous ligands including the receptor-associated protein LRPAP1/RAP and GM2A, LPL, PSAP and SLC2A4. Forms a complex with NGFR which binds specifically to the precursor form of NGFB (proNGFB). Interacts with the precursor form of BDNF (proBDNF).
Subcellular location: Membrane, Single-pass type I membrane protein. Note: Localized to membranes of the endosomes, Golgi stack, lysosomes and nucleus. Localization to the plasma membrane in adipocytes is enhanced by insulin. Localized to the endoplasmic reticulum and the plasma membrane. Also found in SLC2A4/GLUT4 storage vesicles (GSVs) in adipocytes.
Tissue specificity: Highly expressed in fat, brain, and lung. Expressed in neuronal bodies and dendrites of the piriform cortex and hippocampus. Also expressed in the islands of Calleja, medial and lateral septal nuclei, amygdaloid nuclei, thalamic nuclei, the supraoptic nucleus, the substantia nigra, the Purkinje layer of the cerebellar cortex and the cranial motor nerve nuclei of the brainstem. Also known as: Neurotensin receptor 3, NTR3, Glycoprotein 110, Gp110, Nt3, Nts3.
- Neurotrophin Signaling Pathway
You are here: