IRF8 antibody (Interferon Regulatory Factor 8) (C-Term) Primary Antibody
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Cow
- This IRF8 antibody is un-conjugated
- Western Blotting (WB)
- C-QRSFFRENQQ ITV
- This antibody detects IRF8 / ICSBP1 at C-term.
- Cross-Reactivity (Details)
- Species reactivity (expected):Mouse, Rat, CowSpecies reactivity (tested):Human
- Ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide
- Peptide from C Terminus of the protein sequence according to NP_002154.1 Genename: IRF8
anti-Interferon Regulatory Factor 8 (IRF8) (N-Term) antibody Primary Antibody
IRF8 Reactivity: Human, Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Rabbit, Zebrafish (Danio rerio) IHC, WB Host: Rabbit Polyclonal unconjugated
- Application Notes
Peptide ELISA: Limit dilution 1: 8000. Western blot: 0.5-2 μg/mL. Approx 45-50 kDa band seen in K562 lysate.
Other applications not tested.
Optimal dilutions are dependent on conditions and should be determined by the user.
- For Research Use only
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Tris saline, 0.02 % sodium azide, pH 7.3 with 0.5 % bovine serum albumin
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- Handling Advice
- Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- 4 °C/-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at 2 - 8 °C for up to one month or (in aliquots) at -20 °C.
- Alternative Name
- IRF8 / ICSBP1 (IRF8 Antibody Abstract)
- zgc:92252, IRF8, MGC140338, DKFZp469B0320, H-ICSBP, ICSBP, ICSBP1, IRF-8, icsbp1, AI893568, Icsbp1, Myls, interferon regulatory factor 8, interferon regulatory factor 8 L homeolog, irf8, IRF8, irf8.L, Irf8
- Interferon regulatory factor 8 (IRF8) / Interferon consensus sequence binding protein (ICSBP) is a transcription factor of the interferon (IFN) regulatory factor (IRF) family. Proteins of this family are composed of a conserved DNA binding domain in the N terminal region and a divergent C terminal region that serves as the regulatory domain. The IRF family proteins bind to the IFN stimulated response element (ISRE) and regulate expression of genes stimulated by type I IFNs, namely IFN alpha and IFN beta. IRF family proteins also control expression of IFN alpha and IFN beta regulated genes that are induced by viral infection. IRF8 specifically binds to the upstream regulatory region of type I IFN and IFN inducible MHC class I genes (the interferon consensus sequence (ICS)). Unlike IRF3, IRF8 appears to act as a negative regulator of IFN induced genes in most cases, but IRF8 mediates activation of NF kappaB by the toll like receptor 9 (TLR9) after stimulation by unmethylated CpG DNA in dendritic cells. Finally, it has been shown that IRF8 decreases bcl 2 expression and thus may play a role in chronic myelogenous leukemia.Synonyms: IRF-8, Interferon consensus sequence-binding protein, Interferon regulatory factor 8
- Gene ID
- NCBI Accession
- Cellular Response to Molecule of Bacterial Origin