Albumin antibody (ALB) (Middle Region) Primary Antibody
- Albumin (ALB)
- Binding Specificity
This Albumin antibody is un-conjugated
Western Blotting (WB)
- Albumin antibody was raised against the middle region of ALB
- Affinity purified
- Albumin antibody was raised using the middle region of ALB corresponding to a region with amino acids LSEKERQIKKQTALVELVKHKPKATKEQLKAVMDDFAAFVEKCCKADDKE
- Application Notes
WB: 1 µg/mL
Optimal conditions should be determined by the investigator.
Albumin Blocking Peptide, catalog no. 33R-5421, is also available for use as a blocking control in assays to test for specificity of this Albumin antibody
- For Research Use only
- Lyophilized powder. Add distilled water for a 1 mg/mL concentration of ALB antibody in PBS
- Lot specific
- Handling Advice
Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
Dilute only prior to immediate use.
- 4 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at 2-8 °C for short periods. For longer periods of storage, store at -20 °C.
Canuel, Bhattacharyya, Balbis, Yuan, Morales: "Sortilin and prosaposin localize to detergent-resistant membrane microdomains." in: Experimental cell research, Vol. 315, Issue 2, pp. 240-7, 2008 (PubMed).
Clavant, Sastra, Osicka, Comper: "The analysis and characterisation of immuno-unreactive urinary albumin in healthy volunteers." in: Clinical biochemistry, Vol. 39, Issue 2, pp. 143-51, 2006 (PubMed).
- Canuel, Bhattacharyya, Balbis, Yuan, Morales: "Sortilin and prosaposin localize to detergent-resistant membrane microdomains." in: Experimental cell research, Vol. 315, Issue 2, pp. 240-7, 2008 (PubMed).
- Albumin (ALB)
- Alternative Name
- Albumin (ALB Antibody Abstract)
- PRO0883, PRO0903, PRO1341, ALB, CSA, Alb-1, Alb1, Albza, LOC100136344, Alb, FBF-1, alb-a, alb-b, albumin, serum albumin 1, Fas binding factor 1, albumin S homeolog, ALB, Alb, LOC100136344, FBF1, alb.S
- Albumin is a soluble, monomeric protein which comprises about one-half of the blood serum protein. Albumin functions primarily as a carrier protein for steroids, fatty acids, and thyroid hormones and plays a role in stabilizing extracellular fluid volume. Albumin is a globular unglycosylated serum protein of molecular weight 65,000. Albumin is synthesized in the liver as preproalbumin which has an N-terminal peptide that is removed before the nascent protein is released from the rough endoplasmic reticulum. The product, proalbumin, is in turn cleaved in the Golgi vesicles to produce the secreted albumin.
- Molecular Weight
- 67 kDa (MW of target protein)
- Lipid Metabolism