Albumin antibody (ALB) (C-Term) Primary Antibody
- Albumin (ALB)
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- This Albumin antibody is un-conjugated
- Immunocytochemistry (ICC), Immunohistochemistry (Frozen Sections) (IHC (fro)), Immunofluorescence (IF), Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p)), Western Blotting (WB)
Rabbit Polyclonal antibody to Albumin antibody
- Purified by antigen-affinity chromatography.
- Recombinant protein encompassing a sequence within the C-terminus region of human Albumin. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Application Notes
- Suggested dilution Reference ICC/IF 1:100-1:1000* IHC (Frozen sections) 1:100-1:1000* IHC (Formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) 1:100-1:1000* Western blot 1:1000-1:10000* Not tested in other applications. *Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the researcher.Suggested dilutionReferenceICC/IF1:100-1:1000* IHC (Frozen sections)1:100-1:1000* IHC (Formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections)1:100-1:1000* Western blot1:1000-1:10000*
Positive Control: HepG2 , mouse Liver
- For Research Use only
- 0.38 mg/mL
- 1XPBS, 1 % BSA, 20 % Glycerol ( pH 7). 0.025 % ProClin 300 was added as a preservative.
- Thimerosal (Merthiolate)
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Thimerosal (Merthiolate): a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Keep as concentrated solution. Aliquot and store at -20°C or below. Avoid multiple freeze-thaw cycles.
Gan, Patterson, Watanabe, Wang, Edmonds, Reinholdt, Sucov: "Allelic variants between mouse substrains BALB/cJ and BALB/cByJ influence mononuclear cardiomyocyte composition and cardiomyocyte nuclear ploidy." in: Scientific reports, Vol. 10, Issue 1, pp. 7605, 2020 (PubMed).
Chung, Huang, Chu, Chen, Lin, Huang, Wu, Huang, Hu, Kao, Tai: "BMP-2 restoration aids in recovery from liver fibrosis by attenuating TGF-β1 signaling." in: Laboratory investigation; a journal of technical methods and pathology, Vol. 98, Issue 8, pp. 999-1013, 2019 (PubMed).
Willis, Pratt, Morris: "Distortion of protein analysis in primary neuronal cultures by serum albumin from culture medium: A methodological approach to improve target protein quantification." in: Journal of neuroscience methods, Vol. 308, pp. 1-5, 2019 (PubMed).
Shih, Ho, Chen, Tsao: "Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) peptide promotes the expansion of hepatic stem/progenitor cells via ERK and STAT3-dependent signaling." in: American journal of translational research, Vol. 9, Issue 3, pp. 1114-1126, 2017 (PubMed).
- Gan, Patterson, Watanabe, Wang, Edmonds, Reinholdt, Sucov: "Allelic variants between mouse substrains BALB/cJ and BALB/cByJ influence mononuclear cardiomyocyte composition and cardiomyocyte nuclear ploidy." in: Scientific reports, Vol. 10, Issue 1, pp. 7605, 2020 (PubMed).
- Albumin (ALB)
- Alternative Name
- Albumin (ALB Antibody Abstract)
- PRO0883, PRO0903, PRO1341, ALB, CSA, Alb-1, Alb1, Albza, LOC100136344, Alb, FBF-1, alb-a, alb-b, albumin, serum albumin 1, Fas binding factor 1, albumin S homeolog, ALB, Alb, LOC100136344, FBF1, alb.S
Albumin is a soluble, monomeric protein which comprises about one-half of the blood serum protein. Albumin functions primarily as a carrier protein for steroids, fatty acids, and thyroid hormones and plays a role in stabilizing extracellular fluid volume. Albumin is a globular unglycosylated serum protein of molecular weight 65,000. Albumin is synthesized in the liver as preproalbumin which has an N-terminal peptide that is removed before the nascent protein is released from the rough endoplasmic reticulum. The product, proalbumin, is in turn cleaved in the Golgi vesicles to produce the secreted albumin.
Cellular Localization: Secreted
- Molecular Weight
- 69 kDa
- Gene ID
- Lipid Metabolism