alpha-Glucosidase Assay Kit
- Target See all AGLU Kits
- AGLU (alpha-Glucosidase (AGLU))
- Detection Range
- 2-250 U/L
- Minimum Detection Limit
- 2 U/L
- Activity Assay (AcA)
High sensitivity and wide linear range. Use 20 µL sample. The detection limit is 2 U/L, linear up to 250 U/L.
Homogeneous and simple procedure.
Simple mix-and-measure procedure allows reliable quantitation of beta-glucosidase activity within 20 minutes.
Robust and amenable to HTS. All reagents are compatible with high- throughput liquid handling instruments.
- Assay Buffer: 24 mL (pH 7.0). alpha-NPG Substrate: 1 mL. Calibrator: 10 mL (equivalent to 250 U/L).
- Material not included
- Pipeting devices and accessories (e.g. multi-channel pipettor). Clear bottom 96-well plates (e.g. Corning Costar) and plate reader.
alpha-Glucosidase (AGLU) ELISA Kit
AGLU Reactivity: Rat Colorimetric Sandwich ELISA 1.56 ng/mL - 100 ng/mL Plasma, Serumalpha-Glucosidase (AGLU) ELISA Kit
AGLU Reactivity: Human Colorimetric Sandwich ELISA 0.16 ng/mL - 10 ng/mL Cell Culture Supernatant, Plasma, Serumalpha-Glucosidase (AGLU) ELISA Kit
AGLU Reactivity: Human Colorimetric Sandwich ELISA 3.12 μU/mL - 200 μU/mL Plasma, Serum, Tissue Homogenate, Urinealpha-Glucosidase (AGLU) ELISA Kit
AGLU Reactivity: Mouse Colorimetric Sandwich ELISA 31.25-2000 pg/mL Plasma, Serumalpha-Glucosidase (AGLU) ELISA Kit
AGLU Reactivity: Human Colorimetric Sandwich ELISA 1.56 ng/mL - 100 ng/mL Cell Lysate, Tissue HomogenateAlpha-Glucosidase Microplate Assay Kit
EAA Reactivity: Various Species Colorimetric Cell Culture Supernatant, Cell Lysate, Tissue Lysatealpha-Glucosidase (AGLU) ELISA Kit
AGLU Reactivity: Rabbit Colorimetric Competition ELISA 50-1000 ng/mL Cell Culture Supernatant, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Homogenatealpha-Glucosidase (AGLU) ELISA Kit
AGLU Reactivity: Guinea Pig Colorimetric Competition ELISA 50-1000 ng/mL Cell Culture Supernatant, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Homogenatealpha-Glucosidase (AGLU) ELISA Kit
AGLU Reactivity: Mouse Colorimetric Competition ELISA 50-1000 ng/mL Cell Culture Supernatant, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Homogenatealpha-Glucosidase (AGLU) ELISA Kit
AGLU Reactivity: Human Colorimetric Competition ELISA 25-500 ng/mL Cell Culture Supernatant, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Homogenate
- Application Notes
Direct Assays: beta-glucosidase activity in biological samples.
Characterization and Quality Control for beta-glucosidase production.
Drug Discovery: high-throughput screen and evaluation of beta-glucosidase inhibitors.
This assay is based on a kinetic reaction. Use of a multi-channel pipettor is recommended. Addition of Working Reagent to samples should be quick and mixing should be brief but thorough. Assays can be executed at room temperature or 37°C.
Procedure using 96-well plate:
1. Transfer 20 µL distilled water (H2O) to two wells of a clear bottom 96-well plate. Add 200 µL H2O to one of these wells and 200 µL Calibrator to the other well (total volume 220 µL). Transfer 20 µL samples into other wells. Transfer 200 µL Working Reagent to the sample wells only. The final reaction volume in the sample wells is 220 µL. Tap plate briefly to mix.
2. Read OD405nm (t = 0), and again after 20 min (t = 20 min) on a plate reader.
- Reagent Preparation
Equilibrate reagents to room temperature. The Working Reagent is prepared by mixing for each 96-well assay, 200 µL Assay Buffer and 8 µL -NPG substrate (final
1.0 mM). Fresh reconstitution is recommended, although the Working Solution is stable for at least one day at room temperature.
- Sample Preparation
Enzyme samples can be in 50 mM phosphate (pH
7.0) buffer or in any other suitable enzyme buffer. The following chemicals are known to affect the enzyme activity and should be avoided. SH-containing reagents (e.g. dithiothreitol, 2-mercaptoethanol, glutathione), Ca 2+ , Cu 2+ , Fe 3+ /Fe 2+ , Hg 2+ , Mg 2+ , Ni 2+ , Zn 2+ , SDS, Triton X-100, Tween, digitonin, EDTA and Tris.
- For Research Use only
- 4 °C
- AGLU (alpha-Glucosidase (AGLU))
- Alternative Name
- alpha-Glucosidase (AGLU Products)
- MG Kit, MGA Kit, SPAC56F8.01 Kit, SPAC922.02c Kit, CG11909 Kit, CT33098 Kit, Dmel\\CG11909 Kit, GB19017 Kit, 6030407P20Rik Kit, maltase-glucoamylase Kit, alpha-glucosidase (predicted) Kit, alpha-glucosidase Kit, glucosidase, alpha, acid Kit, target of brain insulin Kit, sucrase-isomaltase Kit, MGAM Kit, SPAC30D11.01c Kit, LMOf2365_0194 Kit, SPAC1039.11c Kit, Gaa Kit, tobi Kit, SI Kit, Hbg3 Kit, Mgam Kit
Quantitative determination of alpha-glucosidase activity by colorimetric (405nm) method.
Procedure: 20 min.
alpha-glucosidase hydrolyzes the terminal, non-reducing 1,4-linked alpha-D- glucose residues with release of alpha-D-glucose. alpha-glucosidase is needed by all animals to hydrolyze maltose to glucose for use as a food. Aberrant activities have been implicated in diseases such as diabetes and Pompe disease.
Simple, direct and automation-ready procedures for measuring alpha-glucosidase activity are becoming popular in Research and Drug Discovery. The alpha-Glucosidase Assay Kit is designed to measure alpha-glucosidase activity directly in biological samples without pretreatment. The improved method utilizes p-nitrophenyl-alpha-D-glucopyranoside that is hydrolyzed specifically by alpha-glucosidase into a yellow colored product (maximal absorbance at 405nm). The rate of the reaction is directly proportional to the enzyme activity.