SGOL2 antibody (Shugoshin-Like 2) (AA 391-419) Primary Antibody
- AA 391-419, Center
- This SGOL2 antibody is un-conjugated
- Western Blotting (WB)
- Rabbit Anti-Human SGOL2 (Center) Antibody
- This SGOL2 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 391-419 amino acids from the Central region of human SGOL2.
- Ig Fraction
- Application Notes
WB: 1:1000SGOL2 Antibody (Center) .
- For Research Use only
- 0.5 mg/mL
- 4 °C,-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- 2-8°C (short-term), -20°C (long-term)
- Alternative Name
- SGOL2 (SGOL2 Antibody Abstract)
- SGO2, TRIPIN, 1110007N04Rik, 4932411A20Rik, 5730576N04Rik, AU018846, AV008062, D1Ertd8e, Tripin, shugoshin 2, shugoshin 2A, SGO2, Sgo2a
Target Description: Cooperates with PPP2CA to protect centromeric cohesin from separase-mediated cleavage in oocytes specifically during meiosis I. Has a crucial role in protecting REC8 at centromeres from cleavage by separase. During meiosis, protects centromeric cohesion complexes until metaphase II/anaphase II transition, preventing premature release of meiosis-specific REC8 cohesin complexes from anaphase I centromeres. Is thus essential for an accurate gametogenesis. May act by targeting PPP2CA to centromeres, thus leading to cohesin dephosphorylation (By similarity). Essential for recruiting KIF2C to the inner centromere and for correcting defective kinetochore attachments.
Gene Symbol: SGOL2
- Molecular Weight
- 144739 Da
- Gene ID