SGOL2 antibody (Shugoshin-Like 2) (AA 391-419) Primary Antibody
- AA 391-419
- This SGOL2 antibody is un-conjugated
- Western Blotting (WB)
- This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- This SGOL2 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 391-419 amino acids from the Central region of human SGOL2.
- Ig Fraction
anti-Shugoshin-Like 2 (SGOL2) (AA 391-419), (Center), (Internal Region) antibody (Alkaline Phosphatase (AP)) Primary Antibody
SGOL2 Reactivity: Human ELISA, WB Host: Rabbit Polyclonal Alkaline Phosphatase (AP)
- Application Notes
- WB: 1:1000
- For Research Use only
- Purified polyclonal antibody supplied in PBS with 0.09 % (W/V) sodium azide.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- 4 °C,-20 °C
- Expiry Date
- 6 months
Tanno, Kitajima, Honda, Ando, Ishiguro, Watanabe: "Phosphorylation of mammalian Sgo2 by Aurora B recruits PP2A and MCAK to centromeres." in: Genes & development, Vol. 24, Issue 19, pp. 2169-79, 2010 (PubMed).
Ross, Katzov-Eckert, Dubé, Brooks, Rassekh, Barhdadi, Feroz-Zada, Visscher, Brown, Rieder, Rogers, Phillips, Carleton, Hayden: "Genetic variants in TPMT and COMT are associated with hearing loss in children receiving cisplatin chemotherapy." in: Nature genetics, Vol. 41, Issue 12, pp. 1345-9, 2009 (PubMed).
Lee, Kitajima, Tanno, Yoshida, Morita, Miyano, Miyake, Watanabe: "Unified mode of centromeric protection by shugoshin in mammalian oocytes and somatic cells." in: Nature cell biology, Vol. 10, Issue 1, pp. 42-52, 2008 (PubMed).
Huang, Feng, Famulski, Rattner, Liu, Kao, Muschel, Chan, Yen: "Tripin/hSgo2 recruits MCAK to the inner centromere to correct defective kinetochore attachments." in: The Journal of cell biology, Vol. 177, Issue 3, pp. 413-24, 2007 (PubMed).
Kitajima, Sakuno, Ishiguro, Iemura, Natsume, Kawashima, Watanabe: "Shugoshin collaborates with protein phosphatase 2A to protect cohesin." in: Nature, Vol. 441, Issue 7089, pp. 46-52, 2006 (PubMed).
- Tanno, Kitajima, Honda, Ando, Ishiguro, Watanabe: "Phosphorylation of mammalian Sgo2 by Aurora B recruits PP2A and MCAK to centromeres." in: Genes & development, Vol. 24, Issue 19, pp. 2169-79, 2010 (PubMed).
- Alternative Name
- SGOL2 (SGOL2 Antibody Abstract)
- SGO2, TRIPIN, 1110007N04Rik, 4932411A20Rik, 5730576N04Rik, AU018846, AV008062, D1Ertd8e, Tripin, shugoshin 2, shugoshin 2A, SGO2, Sgo2a
- Cooperates with PPP2CA to protect centromeric cohesin from separase-mediated cleavage in oocytes specifically during meiosis I. Has a crucial role in protecting REC8 at centromeres from cleavage by separase. During meiosis, protects centromeric cohesion complexes until metaphase II/anaphase II transition, preventing premature release of meiosis-specific REC8 cohesin complexes from anaphase I centromeres. Is thus essential for an accurate gametogenesis. May act by targeting PPP2CA to centromeres, thus leading to cohesin dephosphorylation (By similarity). Essential for recruiting KIF2C to the inner centromere and for correcting defective kinetochore attachments.
- Molecular Weight
- NCBI Accession
- NP_001153518, NP_689737