Connexin 43/GJA1 antibody (Gap Junction Protein, alpha 1, 43kDa) (pSer368) Primary Antibody
- Connexin 43/GJA1 (GJA1)
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Zebrafish (Danio rerio)
- This Connexin 43/GJA1 antibody is un-conjugated
- Western Blotting (WB)
- Specific for the ~43k Connexin-43 protein phosphorylated at Ser368. Immunolabeling is blocked by λ-phosphatase treatment.
- Cross-Reactivity (Details)
Species reactivity (expected):Bovine, Canine, Chicken, Guinea Pig, Human, Mouse and Zebrafish.
Species reactivity (tested):Rat.
- Sequential Chromatography on phospho- and dephosphopeptide affinity columns.
- Phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding the phospho-Ser368 of rat Connexin-43.
anti-Gap Junction Protein, alpha 1, 43kDa (GJA1) (AA 211-260) antibody Primary Antibody
GJA1 Reactivity: Human, Mouse, Rat, Dog ELISA, FACS, IF (cc), IF (p), IHC (fro), IHC (p), WB Host: Rabbit Polyclonal unconjugatedanti-Gap Junction Protein, alpha 1, 43kDa (GJA1) (Middle Region) antibody Primary Antibody
GJA1 Reactivity: Human, Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Rabbit WB Host: Rabbit Polyclonal unconjugatedanti-Gap Junction Protein, alpha 1, 43kDa (GJA1) (N-Term) antibody Primary Antibody
GJA1 Reactivity: Human, Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Rabbit, Sheep, Zebrafish (Danio rerio) WB Host: Rabbit Polyclonal unconjugated
- Application Notes
Western Blot: 1/1000.
Other applications not tested.
Optimal dilutions are dependent on conditions and should be determined by the user.
- For Research Use only
- 10 mM HEPES ( pH 7.5), 150 mM NaCl, 100 μg/mL BSA and 50 % Glycerol.
- Handling Advice
- Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store the antibody undiluted (in aliquots) at-20 °C.
- Connexin 43/GJA1 (GJA1)
- Alternative Name
- GJA1 / Cx43 (GJA1 Antibody Abstract)
- AVSD3, CX43, DFNB38, GJAL, HLHS1, HSS, ODDD, Cx43, AU042049, AW546267, Cnx43, Cx43alpha1, Gja-1, Npm1, connexin43, cx43a1, gja1, zfCx43.3, connexin 43, gja1-A, cx43, gjal, oddd, dfnb38, gap junction protein alpha 1, gap junction protein, alpha 1, connexin 43, gap junction protein alpha 1 L homeolog, CONNEXIN 43 protein, GJA1, Gja1, cx43, gja1.L, gja1, CONNEXIN 43
- Gap junctional intercellular communication is thought to play a key role in development and may also be involved in epilepsy (Aronica et al., 2001). Connexin43 forms gap-junctional channels and regulates the permeability of these gap junctions to small organic molecules. Permeability of connexin43 is known to be regulated by phosphorylation at Ser368 by protein kinase C (Yogo et al., 2002, Bao et al., 2004a). Phosphorylation of Ser368 by PKC induces a conformational change of connexin43 that results in a decrease in gap junction permeability (Bao et al., 2004b).Synonyms: Connexin-43, GJAL, Gap junction 43 kDa heart protein, Gap junction alpha-1 protein
- Gene ID
- NCBI Accession
- MAPK Signaling, Myometrial Relaxation and Contraction, Cell-Cell Junction Organization