GJA1 antibody (Gap Junction Protein, alpha 1, 43kDa) (N-Term) Primary Antibody
GJA1 Reactivity: Human, Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Rabbit, Sheep, Zebrafish (Danio rerio) WB Host: Rabbit Polyclonal
Catalog No. ABIN2774853
Plus shipping costs $45.00
local_shipping Shipping to: United States
Delivery in 2 to 3 Business Days
- Binding Specificity
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Rabbit, Sheep, Zebrafish (Danio rerio)
- This GJA1 antibody is un-conjugated
- Western Blotting (WB)
- Blocking Peptide
- Blocking peptide for this product available: ABIN977415
- LYLAHVFYVM RKEEKLNKKE EELKVAQTDG VNVDMHLKQI EIKKFKYGIE
- Predicted Reactivity
- Cow: 100%, Dog: 100%, Guinea Pig: 100%, Horse: 100%, Human: 100%, Mouse: 100%, Rabbit: 100%, Rat: 100%, Sheep: 100%, Zebrafish: 92%
- This is a rabbit polyclonal antibody against GJA1. It was validated on Western Blot using a cell lysate as a positive control.
- Affinity Purified
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human GJA1
- Application Notes
- Optimal working dilutions should be determined experimentally by the investigator.
Antigen size: 382 AA
- For Research Use only
- Lot specific
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09 % (w/v) sodium azide and 2 % sucrose.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- Handling Advice
- Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- For short term use, store at 2-8°C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20°C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Alternative Name
- GJA1 (GJA1 Antibody Abstract)
- AVSD3, CX43, DFNB38, GJAL, HLHS1, HSS, ODDD, Cx43, AU042049, AW546267, Cnx43, Cx43alpha1, Gja-1, Npm1, connexin43, cx43a1, gja1, zfCx43.3, connexin 43, gja1-A, cx43, gjal, oddd, dfnb38, gap junction protein alpha 1, gap junction protein, alpha 1, connexin 43, gap junction protein alpha 1 L homeolog, CONNEXIN 43 protein, GJA1, Gja1, cx43, gja1.L, gja1, CONNEXIN 43
- Gap junction protein, alpha 1 is a member of the connexin gene family and a component of gap junctions. Gap junctions are composed of arrays of intercellular channels and provide a route for the diffusion of materials of low molecular weight from cell to cell. Connexin 43 is the major protein of gap junctions in the heart, and gap junctions are thought to have a crucial role in the synchronized contraction of the heart and in embryonic development. Connexin 43 is targeted by several protein kinases that regulate myocardial cell-cell coupling. A related intron-less connexin 43 pseudogene, GJA1P, has been mapped to chromosome 5.
Alias Symbols: HSS, CX43, GJAL, ODDD, AVSD3, HLHS1, DFNB38
Protein Interaction Partner: UBC, STAMBP, EPS15, UBQLN4, PSMD4, PSMD2, S100A1, GJA1, CNST, NEDD4, TJP1, HGS, TSG101, SGSM3, GJA5, MAPK7, MAPK3, CAV1, CSNK1D, SRC, PRKCG, PRKCE, PRKCB, PRKCA, MAPK1, NOV, CSK, GJA3,
Protein Size: 382
- Molecular Weight
- 42 kDa
- Gene ID
- NCBI Accession
- NM_000165, NP_000156
- MAPK Signaling, Myometrial Relaxation and Contraction, Cell-Cell Junction Organization
You are here: