Granulin antibody (GRN) (Internal Region) Primary Antibody
GRN Reactivity: Human WB Host: Goat Polyclonal
Catalog No. ABIN375134
Plus shipping costs $45.00
local_shipping Shipping to: United States
Delivery in 6 to 8 Business Days
- Binding Specificity
- Internal Region
- This Granulin antibody is un-conjugated
- Western Blotting (WB)
- This antibody recognizes Granulin / GRN.
- Cross-Reactivity (Details)
- Species reactivity (tested):Human.
- Affinity Chromatography
- Peptide with sequence QSKCLSKENATTD, from the internal region of the protein sequence according to NP_002078.1.
- Application Notes
- Peptide ELISA: 1/8000. Western Blot: 1 - 3 μg/mL.
Other applications not tested.
Optimal dilutions are dependent on conditions and should be determined by the user.
- For Research Use only
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Tris saline, pH ~7.3, 0.02 % Sodium Azide, 0.5 % BSA
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- Handling Advice
- Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- 4 °C/-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store the antibody undiluted at 2-8 °C for one month or (in aliquots) at -20 °C for longer.
- Alternative Name
- Granulins (GRN) (GRN Antibody Abstract)
- Granulins have possible cytokine-like activity. They may play a role in inflammation, wound repair, and tissue remodeling. Granulin-4 promotes proliferation of the epithelial cell line A431 in culture while granulin-3 acts as an antagonist to granulin-4, inhibiting the growth. Tissue specificity: In myelogenous leukemic cell lines of promonocytic, promyelocytic, and proerythroid lineage, in fibroblasts, and very strongly in epithelial cell lines. Present in inflammatory cells and bone marrow. Highest levels in kidney. Involvement in disease: Defects in GRN are the cause of ubiquitin-positive frontotemporal dementia (UP-FTD) [MIM:607485], also known as tau-negative frontotemporal dementia linked to chromosome 17. Frontotemporal dementia (FTD) is the second most common cause of dementia in people under the age of 65 years. It is an autosomal dominant neurodegenerative disease.Synonyms: GRN, Granulins, PEPI, Proepithelin
- Molecular Weight
- 63.5 kDa (NP_002078.1)
- Gene ID
- 2896, 9606
You are here: