PMCH antibody (Pro-Melanin-Concentrating Hormone) (AA 94-122) Primary Antibody
PMCH Reactivity: Human, Mouse FACS, IHC (p), WB Host: Rabbit Polyclonal
Catalog No. ABIN5534545
Plus shipping costs $45.00
local_shipping Shipping to: United States
Delivery in 2 to 3 Business Days
- Binding Specificity
- AA 94-122
- Human, Mouse
- This PMCH antibody is un-conjugated
- Flow Cytometry (FACS), Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p)), Western Blotting (WB)
- This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- This PMCH antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 94-122 amino acids from the Central region of human PMCH.
- Ig Fraction
- Application Notes
- For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
For FACS starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- For Research Use only
- 0.47 mg/mL
- Supplied in PBS with 0.09 % (W/V) sodium azide.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- 4 °C,-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- Alternative Name
- PMCH (PMCH Antibody Abstract)
- The melanin-concentrating hormone (MCH) is a cyclic neuropeptide isolated initially from salmon pituitary gland and later from rat hypothalamus (summarized by Nahon et al., 1992 [PubMed 1572663]). In mammals, MCH perikarya are confined largely to the lateral hypothalamus and zona incerta area with extensive neuronal projections throughout the brain, including the neurohypophysis. The anatomic distribution suggests a neurotransmitter or neuromodulator role for MCH in a broad array of neuronal functions directed toward the regulation of goal-directed behavior, such as food intake, and general arousal. MCH and 2 other putative neuropeptides, NEI and NGE, are encoded by the same precursor and appear colocalized in nerve cells and in many instances within the projections. The precursor is designated pro-melanin-concentrating hormone (PMCH).
- Molecular Weight
- 19 kDa
- Gene ID
- Carbohydrate Homeostasis, Feeding Behaviour
You are here: