Fibronectin antibody (Biotin) Primary Antibody
- Cow, Human, Monkey, Mouse, Rat
- ELISA, Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Immunoprecipitation (IP), Western Blotting (WB)
- Cross-Reactivity (Details)
- Typically less than 1% cross reactivity against other extracellular matrix proteins was detected by ELISA against purified standards. This antibody reacts with human Fibronectin and has negligible cross-reactivity with Type I, II, III, IV, V or VI Collagens or Laminin. Non-specific cross-reaction of anti-Fibronectin antibodies with other human serum proteins or non-Fibronectin extracellular matrix proteins is negligible.
- Anti-fibronectin (rabbit) antibody has been prepared by immunoaffinity chromatography using immobilized antigens followed by extensive cross-adsorption against human serum proteins and collagen and non-collagen extracellular matrix proteins to remove any unwanted specificity.
Immunogen: Fibronectin was purified from Human plasma by binding to a denatured gelatin column followed by elution with high concentrations of arginine. The eluted material was further purified by gel filtration. Immunization occurred after single-band purity was assessed by SDS-PAGE.
Immunogen Type: Native Protein
- Labeling Ratio
- Application Notes
Immunohistochemistry Dilution: 1:50 - 1:200
Application Note: Anti-fibronectin (rabbit) antibody was assayed by immunoblot and found to be reactive against Fibronectin at a dilution of 1:5,000 to 1:10,000. This product was also assayed against 1.0 μg of Fibronectin in a standard capture ELISA using Peroxidase Conjugated Streptavidin #S000-03 and ABTS (2,2'-azino-bis-[3-ethylbenthiazoline-6-sulfonic acid]) code # ABTS-100 as a substrate for 30 minutes at room temperature. A working dilution of 1:4,000 to 1:8,000 of the stock concentration is suggested for this product. For immunohistochemistry on paraffin embedded tissue dilute the product 1:50 to 1:200.
Western Blot Dilution: 1:500 - 1:5,000
Immunoprecipitation Dilution: 1:100
ELISA Dilution: 1:5,000 - 1:20,000
- For Research Use only
Validation #104084 (Unfolding Profile)Validation ImagesFull Methods
- NanoTemper Technologies
- Lot Number
- Method validated
- Unfolding Profile
- Positive Control
- Negative Control
Passed. ABIN5596762 showed Ti at 63.4°C and a clear unfolding profile with one unfolding event. This suggests that the antibody is properly folded and functional.
- Primary Antibody
- Secondary Antibody
- Full Protocol
- Dilute ABIN5596762 in PBS buffer (Roth, 1058.1, lot 285231988) to get a final volume of 30µl at a concentration of 0.5µM.
- Load sample into Tycho capillary (NanoTemper Technologies, TY-C001).
- Run Tycho measurement.
- Experimental Notes
Tycho is designed to run quick and precise protein quality check experiments. Tycho uses intrinsic protein fluorescence to follow protein unfolding while running a fast thermal ramp, yielding results in 3min. A protein’s unfolding behavior is characterized by various parameters, most notably the inflection temperature (Ti). The Ti can be used to identify properly folded protein, to compare different batches, or to analyze the influence of storage/transport conditions on a protein. An absence of Ti would suggest that the protein is already unfolded and therefore most likely nonfunctional.
Reconstitution Volume: 100 μL
Reconstitution Buffer: Restore with deionized water (or equivalent)
- 1.0 mg/mL
Buffer: 0.02 M Potassium Phosphate, 0.15 M Sodium Chloride, pH 7.2
Stabilizer: 10 mg/mL Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) - Immunoglobulin and Protease free
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- 4 °C,-20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store vial at 4° C prior to restoration. For extended storage aliquot contents and freeze at -20° C or below. Avoid cycles of freezing and thawing. Centrifuge product if not completely clear after standing at room temperature. This product is stable for several weeks at 4° C as an undiluted liquid. Dilute only prior to immediate use.
- Expiry Date
- 12 months
Synonyms: CIG antibody, Cold insoluble globulin antibody, LETS antibody, Migration stimulating factor antibody, MSF antibody, Transformation sensitive protein. Antibody
Background: Fibronectin antibody reacts with human fibronectin in liver, tonsil, skin and kidney. Traces of contaminating antibodies have been removed by solid-phase absorption. Biotin is ammenable to conjugation to proteins for use in biochemical assays. Biotin has a very strong affinity for avidin and streptavidin, an attraction that is the strongest and most stable non-covalent interaction known. Fibronectin is found in two forms in vertebrates: soluble and insoluble. Soluble plasma fibronectin is contained in blood plasma and constitutes a large protein component. Insoluble cellular fibronectin is a large component of the extra-cellular matrix where it is secreted by many different types of cells. Fibronectin plays a large role in wound healing and cell development. Anti-fibronectin (rabbit) antibody is ideal for investigators in Cardiology, Cell Biology, Microbiology, and Immunology research.
Gene Name: FN1
- Gene ID