IGF2R antibody (Insulin-Like Growth Factor 2 Receptor) (PE) Primary Antibody
- Human, Non-Human Primate
- This IGF2R antibody is conjugated to PE
- Flow Cytometry (FACS), Immunoprecipitation (IP), Western Blotting (WB)
The antibody MEM-238 recognizes an epitope between amino acids 192-697 of CD222 (IGF2 receptor), a ubiquitously expressed 250 kDa multifunctional type I transmembrane protein. The majority of CD222 is found in the late endosomal/prelysosomal compartment, 5-10 % in the plasma membrane and the truncated (220 kDa) form of CD222 is present in human and bovine serum.
HLDA VII, WS Code 70640
- Cross-Reactivity (Details)
- Human, Non-Human Primates
- Recombinant Vaccinia virus encoding CD222.
- Application Notes
- The reagent is designed for Flow Cytometry analysis of human blood cells using 20 μ,l reagent / 100 μ,l of whole blood or 106 cells in a suspension.The content of a vial (2 ml) is sufficient for 100 tests.
The purified antibody is conjugated with R-Phycoerythrin (PE) under optimum conditions. The conjugate is purified by size-exclusion chromatography and adjusted for direct use. No reconstitution is necessary.
- For Research Use only
- No reconstitution is necessary.
- The reagent is provided in stabilizing phosphate buffered saline (PBS) solution containing 15 mM sodium azide.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- Handling Advice
Do not freeze.
Avoid prolonged exposure to light.
- 4 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store in the dark at 2-8°C. Do not freeze. Avoid prolonged exposure to light. Do not use after expiration date stamped on vial label.
Schatzlmaier, Supper, Göschl, Zwirzitz, Eckerstorfer, Ellmeier, Huppa, Stockinger: "Rapid multiplex analysis of lipid raft components with single-cell resolution." in: Science signaling, Vol. 8, Issue 395, pp. rs11, 2015 (PubMed).
Leksa, Godár, Cebecauer, Hilgert, Breuss, Weidle, Horejsí, Binder, Stockinger: "The N terminus of mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor 2 receptor in regulation of fibrinolysis and cell migration." in: The Journal of biological chemistry, Vol. 277, Issue 43, pp. 40575-82, 2002 (PubMed).
- Schatzlmaier, Supper, Göschl, Zwirzitz, Eckerstorfer, Ellmeier, Huppa, Stockinger: "Rapid multiplex analysis of lipid raft components with single-cell resolution." in: Science signaling, Vol. 8, Issue 395, pp. rs11, 2015 (PubMed).
- Alternative Name
- CD222 (IGF2R Antibody Abstract)
- CD222, CIMPR, M6P-R, MPR1, MPRI, AI661837, CI-MPR, M6P/IGF2R, Mpr300, mpri, cd222, cimpr, m6p-r, insulin like growth factor 2 receptor, insulin-like growth factor 2 receptor, IGF2R, Igf2r, igf2r
- CD222 (CIMPR, cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptor, IGF2 receptor) is a ubiquitously expressed 250 kDa transmembrane protein. No more than 10 % of CD222 is present on the cell surface where it serves as a multifunctional receptor. Intracellular (major) fraction of CD222 is involved in transport of newly synthesized lysosomal enzymes modified by mannose 6-phosphate from Golgi apparatus to lysosomes. The cell surface CD222 binds and internalizes exogeneous mannose 6-phosphate-containing ligands. Importantly, CD222 is crutial for internalization and degradation of insulin-like growth factor 2, thus controling cell growth. CD222 also complexes CD87 (urokinase-type plasminogen-activator receptor), plasminogen and latent TGF-beta, last but not least CD222 serves as a receptor for heparanase and even for Listeria.
- Gene ID