Organic Solute Transporter beta (OSTBETA) antibody Primary Antibody
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Immunofluorescence (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IF (p)), Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p)), Western Blotting (WB)
- Purified by Protein A.
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide derived from human OST-beta
- Application Notes
- WB 1:100-1000
- For Research Use only
- 1 μg/μL
- Aqueous buffered solution containing 1 % BSA, 50 % glycerol and 0.09 % sodium azide.
- Sodium azide
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE, which should be handled by trained staff only.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at -20°C
- Expiry Date
- 12 months
Stipanuk, Jurkowska, Niewiadomski, Mazor, Roman, Hirschberger: "Identification of Taurine-Responsive Genes in Murine Liver Using the Cdo1-Null Mouse Model." in: Advances in experimental medicine and biology, Vol. 975, pp. 475-495, 2017 (PubMed).
Method employed by authors: Western Blotting (WB) (Sample species: Mouse (Murine)). Further details: Sample: liver
- Stipanuk, Jurkowska, Niewiadomski, Mazor, Roman, Hirschberger: "Identification of Taurine-Responsive Genes in Murine Liver Using the Cdo1-Null Mouse Model." in: Advances in experimental medicine and biology, Vol. 975, pp. 475-495, 2017 (PubMed). Method employed by authors: Western Blotting (WB) (Sample species: Mouse (Murine)). Further details: Sample: liver
- Alternative Name
- Ost-beta (OSTBETA Antibody Abstract)
- Ostb, Ostbeta, RGD1565748, OSTB, OSTBETA, solute carrier family 51, beta subunit, solute carrier family 51 beta subunit, Slc51b, SLC51B
The heteromeric transporter OST Alpha/OST Beta facilitates the transport of bile and other steroid solutes across the basolateral epithelial cell membrane of intestine, liver, testis, kidney and adrenal gland. OST Alpha/OST Beta expression is induced by bile acids through ligand-dependent transactivation of their genes by FXR (Farnesoid X-activated receptor). This genetic regulation suggests that in response to changes in intracellular bile acid levels, bile acids adjust the rate of their own efflux from enterocytes. OST Beta is a 128 amino acid single-pass transmembrane protein that requires OST Alpha to localize to the plasma membrane. Coexpression of OST Alpha and OST Beta is also required to convert the OST Alpha subunit to a mature glycosylated endoglycosidase H-resistant form, suggesting that co-expression facilitates trafficking of OST Alpha through the golgi apparatus. Though widely expressed, OST Beta is present at highest levels in ileum.
Subcellular location: Extracellular
Synonyms: organic solute transporter beta Ostbeta, Organic solute transporter subunit beta, Ostbeta, Ost beta, OST-beta, OSTB, OSTB_HUMAN.
- Gene ID
- Regulation of Carbohydrate Metabolic Process