CST4 antibody (Cystatin S) (N-Term) Primary Antibody
- Binding Specificity
This CST4 antibody is un-conjugated
Immunocytochemistry (ICC), Immunofluorescence (IF), Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded Sections) (IHC (p)), Western Blotting (WB)
Rabbit Polyclonal antibody to Cystatin S (cystatin S)
Cystatin S antibody [N1N3]
- Purified by antigen-affinity chromatography.
- Carrier-protein conjugated synthetic peptide encompassing a sequence within the N-terminus region of human Cystatin S. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Application Notes
- Suggested dilution Reference ICC/IF 1:100-1:1000* IHC (Formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) 1:100-1:1000* Western blot 1:500-1:3000* Not tested in other applications. *Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the researcher.Suggested dilutionReferenceICC/IF1:100-1:1000* IHC (Formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections)1:100-1:1000* Western blot1:500-1:3000*
Positive Control: 293T , A431 , H1299 , HeLa , HepG2 , Molt-4 , Raji
- For Research Use only
- 1 mg/mL
- 0.1M Tris, 0.1M Glycine, 10 % Glycerol ( pH 7). 0.01 % Thimerosal was added as a preservative.
- Thimerosal (Merthiolate)
- Precaution of Use
- This product contains Thimerosal (Merthiolate): a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- -20 °C
- Storage Comment
- Keep as concentrated solution. Aliquot and store at -20°C or below. Avoid multiple freeze-thaw cycles.
- Alternative Name
- Cystatin S (CST4 Antibody Abstract)
- CST4, Cst4, cystatin S, CST4, Cyss
The cystatin superfamily encompasses proteins that contain multiple cystatin-like sequences. Some of the members are active cysteine protease inhibitors, while others have lost or perhaps never acquired this inhibitory activity. There are three inhibitory families in the superfamily, including the type 1 cystatins (stefins), type 2 cystatins and the kininogens. The type 2 cystatin proteins are a class of cysteine proteinase inhibitors found in a variety of human fluids and secretions. The cystatin locus on chromosome 20 contains the majority of the type 2 cystatin genes and pseudogenes. This gene is located in the cystatin locus and encodes a type 2 salivary cysteine peptidase inhibitor. The protein is an S-type cystatin, based on its high level of expression in saliva, tears and seminal plasma. The specific role in these fluids is unclear but antibacterial and antiviral activity is present, consistent with a protective function.
Cellular Localization: Secreted
- Molecular Weight
- 16 kDa
- Gene ID